Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is special about the 73 MPS 037 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Okay, I was reading up on D-Jet injection on line at the PB Anders info. His info states that is a one year only set up for the 73 2.0L and parts are hard to find. Article says that you can only use the 037 ECU with it. I have 2 untested ECU's now.

Flash over to AA catalog and it states that the 037 MPS along with the head resistor is the hot set up that was used in Europe for top end performance. Any truth to this or just urban legend?

I have a 75 20.L with all kinds of mismatched fuel injection parts and the smog parts removed. Trying to piece together the best 2.0L set up for FI.

Thoughts?

r_towle
Post up the ECU numbers you have.
The 73 MPS runs richer than the others, but that can be done with resistors on the CHT line input, so it may be somewhat overhyped in my opinion.

A 2.0 liter motor, properly tuned, with the right hear exchangers and exhaust will put out as much as possibly regardless of the ECU and MPS....

Just get a set that matches.

Rich
914Sixer
I have 2 of the 037 untested ECU. I scored a NOS 037 MPS. No resistor right now but they can be had easily. I have new fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, fuel hose, head sensor,temp sensor 2, cold start valve and pump. I have a spare 74 2.0 distributor and an unknown one in the car now.

Have a set of SSI heat exchangers and a Dansk 2.0 muffler for the exhaust.
r_towle
You are all set.
Hopefully your hear exhangers are from the 74 or earlier design as the later ones are very restrictive.

Resistors, get them at radio shack.

Rich
914Sixer
Yep, I plan on trashing the late heat exchangers.
Bleyseng
The 73 FI setup used the 1.7L ECU so those are common. It's hard to locate the 037 MPS and the correct 017CHT with a resistor to get the setup to run right.

The "Best" setup I think is the 74 2.0L FI with the 044 ECU, 043 MPS and 012 CHT as they run the smoothest. "Best" MPG is the 75-76 setup with the fuel decel shutoff.

With all the mods people do to their engines all setups should be tuned using a O2 setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.