Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: not road rage but
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
I'm sure this has happened to y'all tons of times but it was a first for me

on my commute today a truck two lanes over kicked up a rock or pebble and it hit me right above my temple! ouch!
no damage done but I did check for blood!
first time my wife rode in it she said 'I feel like I should be wearing a helmet' - maybe I should too!
orangecrate
Ouch!!! Good it was not in the eye!
Wdunster
At okteenerfest last month clay's car kicked up a rock in a corner on tail of the dragon, threw it past my wife's head off the back window and ended up on the dash. driving.gif
messix
had a baseball sized rock come off a dumptruck that bounce a couple of times hit the front bumper bounce out in front again and rattle under the car then bounce out from under and while dr dave was following me he had to serve around it as it was heading for his wind shield.
Mike Bellis
I swerved around a rock that looked like a loaf of bread. Conedogers car hit the rock dead on with the left control arm. sad.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 27 2014, 10:15 PM) *

I swerved around a rock that looked like a loaf of bread. Conedogers car hit the rock dead on with the left control arm. sad.gif

I keep my off-roading confined to my truck. beerchug.gif
stugray
I used to ride back from work every day in the pass. side seat of my brother's 84 280ZX.
He loved to drive with the T-tops out and the windows down.
One day a rock bounced off the pass. side rear view mirror and hit me right between the eyes. It drew blood.
I cursed up a storm and drove the next couple of days with the window UP.

Finally got tired of it, and rolled the window down.
Not 3 minutes later..... ANOTHER rock right between the eyes!

I dont think I rode in that car much after that.
AvalonFal
Got hit in the passenger door by a runaway truck tire. Buckled it like an aluminum can. Fortunately, it was a company car and NOT my 914. If it was the 914, I think it might have been sliced in half!
JimN73
I had an El Camino and was driving on the freeway, heard a metallic crashing sound. I looked to my right and saw fuel leaking from a big gash in a semi's gas tank and a large piece of steel plate heading my way. Took out the tire, wheel and right front suspension. A scary 2 seconds.
altitude411
I was leaving a friends house here in Montana one hot, sunny summer day in my truck when I notice a rattle snake in the dirt driveway. My friend has small children in the house & wanted the snake removed so.... I backed up the truck (thinking it was now in drive) looking out of the side window I punched the gas to spin the tires on the snake. The truck was still in reverse and the slightly aggressive tire spin sent the snake into the mirror on the door then slung into the cab and onto the floor. I screamed like a lost girl scout, jumped out of the truck still rolling in reverse and chased it down to bring it to a stop.... Idiot! screwy.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 28 2014, 11:30 AM) *

I was leaving a friends house here in Montana one hot, sunny summer day in my truck when I notice a rattle snake in the dirt driveway. My friend has small children in the house & wanted the snake removed so.... I backed up the truck (thinking it was now in drive) looking out of the side window I punched the gas to spin the tires on the snake. The truck was still in reverse and the slightly aggressive tire spin sent the snake into the mirror on the door then slung into the cab and onto the floor. I screamed like a lost girl scout, jumped out of the truck still rolling in reverse and chased it down to bring it to a stop.... Idiot! screwy.gif

You win!
lol-2.gif
effutuo101
I was driving my 914 up to Denver via Route 66 to I-25. A June bug smacked the upright and shy across the cabin bounced off the other side and hit my wife in the head before coming to a rest on the dash. She just looked at me and rubbed her head.
Yes, I had to buy the wine that night.
stugray
I was once driving on the freeway behind a car that lost its drv side front wheel.
The car pulled very quickly over to the right and got out of traffic.

I watched the wheel (travelling at my speed 55 MPH) cross a giant grass median and hit a (I think it was a Z car) dead center in the front bumper (combined speed of ~100 MPH) and shoot STRAIGHT UP until I lost sight of it.

About 2 seconds later it came back down and hit the ground directly in front of another car a few cars back from the first (with taller bumpers).
That car climbed UP the WHEEL and LEFT THE GROUND before crashing back down.

I didnt get to see the aftermath of what happened, but there were at least two cars full of people that had to clean out their shorts...
mbseto
My dad was driving down the road one time and looked to his left to see an orphan wheel rolling up alongside him. I maintain that since he was driving a TR3, he should have realized instantly that it was his own wheel. As it happened, it took him a second- but he was able to shoulder the car and retrieve the wheel without incident.
theleschyouknow
ha! reminds me when I drove hot shots for mrs bairds bakery in a ford econoline van many yeas ago -tooling down the highway at governed 70 when the I hear a god-awful noise and the van lurches to the right as I was wrestling it over to the shoulder I see the passenger front wheel rolling down the road still going 70 thankfully it came to rest against the guard rail 1/4 mile or so down the road with no collateral damage
this was pre cellphones so I had to take the shoe leather express to find a payphone then try to explain to the boss what happened
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.