Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DAMN! too much brake cleaner fumes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
out to the garage for some early morning assembly. 'where's the throwout bearing and arm?'. dry.gif while overdosing on fumes at the trans clinic wacko.gif i forgot to set them aside and they wound up in the the scrap pile. slap.gif i have all of the arms out of the other cores. i wasn't planning on buying a new t.o.b. but now i get to shopping. crap…it's always something. WHAT!!! $149.50!!! @ the bird? please tell me there are better deals to be had.

k
bdstone914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 28 2014, 05:49 AM) *

out to the garage for some early morning assembly. 'where's the throwout bearing and arm?'. dry.gif while overdosing on fumes at the trans clinic wacko.gif i forgot to set them aside and they wound up in the the scrap pile. slap.gif i have all of the arms out of the other cores. i wasn't planning on buying a new t.o.b. but now i get to shopping. crap…it's always something. WHAT!!! $149.50!!! @ the bird? please tell me there are better deals to be had.

k

I have extra throw out bearing arms and can sell one. Might have a good bearing too. Ther was a nos one for sale for $ 60 a while ago. I think it was on the bird in the 914 forum.
Bruce
DNHunt
Let me check my parts Kevin. I'll go out when it gets light.

Dave
rhodyguy
Thanks Bruce. No shortage of arms here mike took 6 cores off my hands.
ThePaintedMan
Is that what the kids are calling it these days Kevin? smoke.gif biggrin.gif

I have an extra TB, but I'm not sure I'd trust it - it made some grinding when it was in the car before, but I never got around to taking it apart to check/lube it. You can have it for free if you get in a bind.

If you do order a new one from Pelican, remember to get a new nylon cup bushing for the arm while you're at it...
rhodyguy
No need for a used one George, but thanks. Have new ball cup bushing, retaining clip, and plastic side pieces. Responded to the bird ad. We'll see if still avail. I'll wait to hear from you Dave. I was hoping you would have showed up at b-fast in gh last sat.
DNHunt
I got one Kevin. It's used But it is on a tranny I rebuilt so I must have thougt it was OK

Dave
rhodyguy
I'll give you a call after awhile.
DNHunt
OK
rjames
If you end up still needing a TO bearing, I have a used one that I bought from Dr. Evil that spins smooth. I think I paid $60 for it, it's yours for the same + shipping if you want.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.