Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter Relay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lou W
It looks like the PO had the starter relay relocated, is this a good thing? or should I put it back where it should go?
Allan
Same situation I have. Gonna dump it.

See This

This is so cool, just learned how to title the links!!!
Mueller
search...this was talked about "many" times last week IPB Image
put "ford" in....
Lou W
Thanks IPB Image
DJsRepS
At least that was a relay and not a solonid as last week. It takes almost the same amp/volt draw from the key to run the seperate part as opposed to real solonid on the starter. The relay is an better answer for some one that did not want to deal with the real problem. I would wire it the OEM way and if it gives trouble then trouble shoot it with all of us. Check the ground strap on tranny and dremil wire wheel the main fuse holder and install all new fuses. May not fix a damn thing but it sure wont hurt.
SteveSr
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 30 2005, 10:39 AM)
This is so cool, just learned how to title the links!!!

Me too!!! mueba.gif mueba.gif clap.gif clap.gif it's awsome......

SteveSr
SirAndy
QUOTE (Lou W @ Jan 30 2005, 10:34 AM)
or should I put it back where it should go?

there never was a starter relay on our cars ... wink.gif

this is aftermarket, so any position is probably just as good. one would *think* close to the starter is the way to go.

be aware that people use this as a band-aid to mask problems in the electrical system that they couldn't figure out.
might be as simple as the starter going out slowly, could be as bad as loose or broken wires somewhere else.

the original circuit for the starter *does not need* a relay.
cool.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.