Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J West Fuse Panel and Brake Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hi Guys, well I have done it this time...I have promised my youngest that I would take him to school in the 914 before he is finished grade 12...you guessed it... he is in first semester of grade 12, so I have until next June to get the 914 on the road....eeek!QQ

So questions among many others to come...

I am installing a J West Engineering Fuse Panel...

Question No. 1 For those of you who have already done this... did you use spacers to install the new panel?

Question No. 2...how did you push the relays back into the whole in the panel...I cannot for the life of me get them pushed back in... did you use soap or just give up and push them up in behind the panel...I would prefer not to do that.

Help with pictures would be really great....

BRAKES
As a side note, I will have all new lines and will be plumbing the brakes in the coming weeks

Question No. 3

What are your thoughts on the Master Cylinder brace and who of our members sells them.....I have been supporting our Member Vendors whenever I could throughout this build.

Question No. 4
I want to do a Centre Mount Hand Brake... who has done it...what do I need parts wise, and yes, can you show me pictures of your progress.

So I have the following to go

Finish wiring Front End
Install new Fuse Panel
Install Pilot Lights and Horns
Finish Brakes
Install Tangerine Racing Shift Rod Kit
Install Heater box and all parts under car
Install Exhaust
Install Dual Weber Kit
Install Clutch, throttle cables and pedal assembly

...well you get the idea...I have a lot of work to dol...but it should be fun... makes me think I should start a Build Thread...I have finished the body, engine, and most of the suspension.... Actually, give me a week and I will start that thread...lol!...ok, so back to those questions....HELP!!!

I apologize for all of the questions but I am afraid I will have a ton more before I am done.

Grant

Chris914n6
The center mount hand brake will be a lot of work, mainly at the firewall where guide tubes have to be added. Either cutting out the original ones or making some and welding them in. Then you will need new cables as the originals will be too long and too short.

#2 use a flat screw driver but be careful not to poke thru.
malcolm2
I did space my fuse plate. I used two nuts on each side. The nuts are bigger than the mounting bolts.
rfinegan
Get the master cylinder brace. I was going to make one but the one from pmbperformancesales dropped right in and was a noticeable improvement . ( i had very little flex t start with)Click to view attachment
NS914
Thanks Everyone re Fuse Panel Spacers and getting those nibs in there....I thought I would also use a little grease etc to see if I can get them to slide in a little more easily.

...and definitely going with the Master Cylinder brace...Thanks again!

I will start a build thread over the weekend.

Grant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.