Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
For a 5 lug, is there any specific size for a wheel spacer, other than maybe the depth?
I may be looking at some spacers for the front, to bump out the tire.
matthepcat
5x130 bolt pattern and how thick you want.
Chris914n6
Porsche specific will have the inner ring lip sized to match the Porsche wheels. 71.6mm iirc. And the outer diameter will match the hub diameter so it looks flush.

1/4" will fit stock lugs. 1/2"+ will need longer studs and 1"-2" will technically be adapters with their own nuts and studs.

Lastly, check fender clearance with the wheel turned and consider hitting a bump /lean.
mskala
Also you will need to buy longer studs.
matthepcat
Plenty of OEM wheel spacers available from junk yards or ebay.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 29 2014, 07:57 AM) *

I have 1" spacers up front on my car and went to 80mm studs on the rotor. I have about 3/4" space between the tire and the fender now.

Click to view attachment
griffindoug
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 29 2014, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 29 2014, 07:57 AM) *

I have 1" spacers up front on my car and went to 80mm studs on the rotor. I have about 3/4" space between the tire and the fender now.

Click to view attachment

I am curious here, I want to put on flares, and currently am running 195/60/15. Can I put on flares and run spacers to fill out the space or is that a bad idea. I would love some input and help. budget tight as I am having my engine rebuilt by fat performance. I am vinyl wrapping the car and want to put the flares on before I wrap it. No budget left for new rims and rubber.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Larmo63
'No budget" isn't going to get much done.

These 5 lug conversions and body modifications are getting more and more expensive by the day.
MoveQik
QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 28 2014, 06:15 PM) *

For a 5 lug, is there any specific size for a wheel spacer, other than maybe the depth?
I may be looking at some spacers for the front, to bump out the tire.

FWIW, I originally ran 1" spacers with my 16x6 Fuchs with stock fenders. It was tight but it fit and the stance was perfect IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.