Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Subaru "dream car" is on eBay.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I should have just waited a year...that's about what I've spent anyway. sad.gif

eBay Item 171512758187
Chris H.
I like your concept better. It has more character. Keep at it.
CptTripps
I agree, but at the same time, this was one of the cars I look to for ideas early on. I hope it brings big $. That'll make me feel better about finishing mine.
matthepcat
Yea it is nice, although not a fan of green on the interior and with all that money spent I would run a Suby trans.
madmax914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 30 2014, 07:43 AM) *

Yea it is nice, although not a fan of green on the interior and with all that money spent I would run a Suby trans.

agree.gif
Spoke
Very nice indeed.

I would lose the bumper tits on the front.
DBCooper
Very nice. What's really cool is that those are the first photos I've ever seen of the Renegade cradle. Nice enough but not impressive, and certainly no need that I can see for a NDA. What IS impressive is the paint and finish. The color is a little too Hot Wheels for my taste, but the car looks really good.

$60K invested? $40K Buy it Now? OMG. My son offered his car (with a bad clutch) for $12K, before we decided REALLY fix it by putting in the Subaru transmission. Looks like I need to talk with him about that.
jasons
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 30 2014, 12:31 PM) *

Very nice. What's really cool is that those are the first photos I've ever seen of the Renegade cradle. Nice enough but not impressive, and certainly no need that I can see for a NDA. What IS impressive is the paint and finish. The color is a little too Hot Wheels for my taste, but the car looks really good.

$60K invested? $40K Buy it Now? OMG. My son offered his car (with a bad clutch) for $12K, before we decided REALLY fix it by putting in the Subaru transmission. Looks like I need to talk with him about that.

Not Renegade. That was the car built from scratch by Precision Chassis Works. He has a thread on here somewhere. I believe he is an ex-patriot of Patrick Motorsports. And, took a few of Patricks guys with him.

Edit: I stand corrected it looks like they massaged a Renegade kit.

http://www.precisionchassisworks.com/subar...orsche-914.html
Jake Raby
If that one sells for north or 40K, I'll definitely be building a 914 with a JR28T Suby engine, coupled to a built tranny... Just to keep for a while, and flip :-)
Larmo63
I love the car and the sanitary build. The interior is not my cup of tea with the green, but a tidy build that someone could change to suit their own tastes pretty easily.
Chris H.
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Oct 30 2014, 09:15 AM) *

I agree, but at the same time, this was one of the cars I look to for ideas early on. I hope it brings big $. That'll make me feel better about finishing mine.

I bet it will sell for a decent price. It's well done. A lot of my "non-914" friends have sent me that e-bay listing. I'm almost sick of looking at it I've gotten it so many times.

Yours has a much better color scheme. You'll never get tired of the gray and the green highlights are just enough. The interior will be kick ass with those gauges and center console. Plus you rewired the whole thing. Think about the engine work you did too! Just need to get 'er done, which you will.
VaccaRabite
That is a beautiful car.
dale73914
As has been said, the green in the interior is not to my taste either.

However the rest of the car i think looks great, and from what is displayed looks to be a very well built car.

I reckon it will find a home quickly too. The work is all done after all.

If only i had a spare 914 to play with. No way i'd do this to my Violet...
bigkensteele
Great car, nice build, but I like your concept more. You will be happier in the end.
mikesmith
I tried to buy this car last year when it was listed on Craigslist, but the seller never responded. I wonder if they're serious this time?
madmax914
This car did not sell, highest bid was a little over $21,000.
Zaney
I will have a Suby 914 (2.5 N/A plus Suby 5MT) for sale in primer ready for the next Adventurer to paint it.
Under 10K

Now back to your regular scheduled program beer.gif

Nate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.