Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seal removal ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Could someone please tell me how to remove this seal from the housing? This housing holds the shaft and gear that go into the transaxle and the angle drive screws into it. The Porsche replacement seal (99911303650) seems to very stiff and rigid. I thought this seal would be a flexible rubber and pull out easily and pop the new one in. And the new one looks way larger than the hole it sits in. It doesn't bend or compress in from the side.
Before I tore it all up, thought I would ask the experts. All suggestions and guidance are appreciated.
EJP
EJP914
I figured it out. There is an aluminum washer over the top of the seal. Remove the stubborn washer and you can get to the seal. I can get real stupid sometimes working on these cars. Sometimes the obvious isn't so clear. Thx,
EJP
EdwardBlume
i was going to tell you to suck on it.. av-943.gif
Mikey914
Putting the new one in is tight also. I covered the install on the improved speedo drive bushing GB thread.
barefoot
Just got my old seal out. Removing the Aluminum washer was easy, but the seal would not come out with my angle pick. Had to machine it out, thank God I've got access to a Hardinge lathe and small boring bar !
Not to install the new seal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.