Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 W/Chevy 283
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
chads74
Well I thought I would never do this, I am seeing if there is any interest for a v8 914. I have the 1.8 I took out when doing the swap, so if you wanted you could reinstall the 1.8 and it would be ready to drive. All that is needed for the 1.8 is to hook up fuel and power, all accessories are still installed.

Now for the car... I bought it back in early 2012 when I was living in Arizona, car came from Phoenix, and started the v8 swap. But with a deployment I didn't finish until early 2013. Power comes from a '67 Chevy Nova v8 283 that is bored .60 over, with all new pistons, rings, push rods and rocker arms and of course all new seals. Tranny is stock, but I just bought the "H" gear to swap out 5th gear but haven't gotten to it.

I know people say rust free car which is hard to believe, but with this car coming from the desert of Arizona I had a hard time finding any rust, there are a few pin holes in the rear trunk and a couple under the drivers seat. Hell hole is solid as well as jack points, no flex when used.

List of parts sitting ready to be installed

All new bushings
Turbo tie rods
Ball joints
Engman fuse panel
Chassis stiffening kit
Boxed trailing arm kit
Speedometer cable (has the speedo bounce)

Again I am putting this out as a feeling to see if there is any interest, I have over $12k into the car, but any offer will be considered as long as its not insulting. Please feel free to ask any questions. I only have one picture on my computer so I will post others from my phone.

Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Interesting paint. Was this plasta-dipped?

How is your cooling system set-up?
chads74
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 3 2014, 01:16 PM) *

Paint is plastidip, flex blue. Cooling system is from renegade. Sorry for the crappy ipad picture.

Click to view attachment
Evil914
QUOTE(chads74 @ Nov 3 2014, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 3 2014, 01:16 PM) *

Paint is plastidip, flex blue. Cooling system is from renegade. Sorry for the crappy ipad picture.

Click to view attachment

I like it !!! Too bad my other half thinks three 914 would be too many. blink.gif
ThePaintedMan
Chad's car is a hoot. I got to ride in it and drive it once and the thing is really a screamer. A few custom touches of his own and needs a little work, but overall a very solid car. Would make a fun project for someone.

In the meantime, us Tampa folks need to convince him to keep it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.