Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Hershey Master Thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Dr Evil
Since this is one event that I look forward to every year, and it keeps me from jumping off a bridge, I thought I would get some interest started early as Easter is on the 5th this year and will not be an issue for the swap. This coming year should be HUGE. Who is planning on going?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 6 2014, 08:05 AM) *

Since this is one event that I look forward to every year, and it keeps me from jumping off a bridge, I thought I would get some interest started early as Easter is on the 5th this year and will not be an issue for the swap. This coming year should be HUGE. Who is planning on going?

"This coming year should be HUGE." "Huge"? I'm under the impression all years are pretty much the same size. Am I wrong?

The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Yup. Years with Easter on that weekend tend to be smaller due to family taking people away from the important things. On years where Easter is not on the same weekend, it is up to twice the size or even larger. Also, the AX that takes place on Sun is more fun when Sun is not Easter. Although, last years Easter AX was well attended.
partsman

"This coming year should be HUGE." "Huge"? I'm under the impression all years are pretty much the same size. Am I wrong?

The Cap'n

Actually, leap years are one day longer than regular ones, a .28% increase.... piratenanner.gif
injunmort
I am in
GaroldShaffer
Already told the wife I'm going.
CptTripps
I'm in.
type47
Click to view attachment
always a great trip
Click to view attachment
dflesburg
I think we are going this year.

Which weekend is it?
dudzy's914
I'm going! Using Hershey as a goal deadline for the '75. Might bring it with a FOR SALE sign. wacko.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 6 2014, 01:35 PM) *

Hey, that ugly fucker is me! (try to guess which one, there all ugly smile.gif ).
rgolia
I am in. Last year was a blast, but I missed the fun at the knights in and my car was on jack stands. This year the car will be there and I will be at the Knights with home made wine to share.

Click to view attachment
stevegm
Can someone point me to a link about the Hershry event? Or explain what it is?
type47
QUOTE(stevegm @ Nov 6 2014, 01:54 PM) *

Can someone point me to a link about the Hershey event? Or explain what it is?

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/2015/2015.html

Only the world's largest Porsche only swap meet. Info about 2015 meet not likely posted yet.
zymurgist
I'm in.
BeatNavy
I would love to go this year. It's on my radar, especially if Dr. Evil says it's HUGE.

Wait, that didn't sound right.... blink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 6 2014, 05:39 PM) *

Only the world's largest Porsche only swap meet. Info about 2015 meet not likely posted yet.

Thanks. I thought that perhaps there might be a 914-only event tied to the swap meet.
Dion
QUOTE(stevegm @ Nov 6 2014, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 6 2014, 05:39 PM) *

Thanks. I thought that perhaps there might be a 914-only event tied to the swap meet.

Heheheheh there is. Only at the Knights Inn. beer3.gif
Big Len
I'm in because I need more fuel.

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
I will be there, Hopefully with my beautiful wife.

wub.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 6 2014, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 6 2014, 01:35 PM) *

Hey, that ugly fucker is me! (try to guess which one, there all ugly smile.gif ).

Its been three years...yeah I might be there... As long as Sack does not wear that fugly sweater thing again... blink.gif
stevegm
Does anyone know if the final date has been set? I saw that the tentative date is April 18th (http://www.cpa-pca.org/sprecher/sprecher.pdf).
scotty b
I know this is a long shot, and is going to be like herding fish, but I really enjoyed the drive we did a couple years ago. Any locals ( Ken, Sach etc ) know of other routes that might be nice to do, and would enough people be down for a day long tour to make this worth planning for ?? confused24.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 8 2014, 08:09 AM) *

I know this is a long shot, and is going to be like herding fish, but I really enjoyed the drive we did a couple years ago. Any locals ( Ken, Sach etc ) know of other routes that might be nice to do, and would enough people be down for a day long tour to make this worth planning for ?? confused24.gif

No P car sad2.gif

gereed75
I will be in and hoping to meet many or you reprobates in person for the first time.
struckn
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 8 2014, 05:09 AM) *

I'm in for the Swap Meet, wouldn't miss it!
I too would enjoy a group drive and have one to suggest.
About 45 miles North East of Hershey is Cigars International Tobacco Store and Micro Brew Bar.

https://www.facebook.com/CigarsInternationalHamburg

AND, with in sight of the above is Cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_info.jsp?pageName=009

Nice easy drive.

Doug

driving.gif
type47
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 8 2014, 05:09 AM) *

... a day long tour to make this worth planning for ??

day long tour sounds like a Sunday event. The swap typically (that is, typically) winds down in the 3pm time frame. Would a tour after the swap be long enough to be enjoyable? If not, Sunday afternoon 'cause I know it won't be Sunday morning happy11.gif
VaccaRabite
I could set up a Friday drive again, but I need to pick the route and actually DRIVE it before publishing the directions this time.

Zach
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 8 2014, 03:39 PM) *

I could set up a Friday drive again, but I need to pick the route and actually DRIVE it before publishing the directions this time.

Zach

agree.gif

That was memorable and fun.....
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 8 2014, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 8 2014, 03:39 PM) *

Zach

agree.gif

That was memorable

Fixed that fer ya dry.gif
stevegm
If enough people are interested in doing a drive, I would be interested in helping organize a Friday drive/rally. I would love to get it on the calendar before it goes to press.

Anyone interested in a Friday drive/rally? The issue with Friday is that set up at the swap met typically opens from 2 until 4 pm. So, that makes it hard to plan around.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Nov 30 2014, 10:50 AM) *

If enough people are interested in doing a drive, I would be interested in helping organize a Friday drive/rally. I would love to get it on the calendar before it goes to press.

Anyone interested in a Friday drive/rally? The issue with Friday is that set up at the swap met typically opens from 2 until 4 pm. So, that makes it hard to plan around.

Steve - I would suggest working with zach, he knows the area. I would be up for a friday tour. Not really interested in Sunday. Personally, I've never set up for Hershey the day before. With the wind and rain of some past events, I would not want stuff exposed the night. Even if you bring tents and tables there are always people willing to pitch in and help set up. There's plenty of time in the morning.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 30 2014, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Nov 30 2014, 10:50 AM) *

Steve - I would suggest working with zach, he knows the area. I would be up for a friday tour. Not really interested in Sunday. Personally, I've never set up for Hershey the day before. With the wind and rain of some past events, I would not want stuff exposed the night. Even if you bring tents and tables there are always people willing to pitch in and help set up. There's plenty of time in the morning.

That sounds great. Zach, what do you think?

Great points about set-up n Friday. If we do it on Friday who would be interested in participating?

Last question - 914 only? I would love to invite everyone that is interested. But, . . .
Mblizzard
I am planning on being there.
struckn
I'm in for any day and anywhere you guys want to go. Zach if you need any help let me know. One mention about a Sunday trip is that's when the AutoX is, just so if anyone is looking at doing that verses the trip.

Doug in Shrewsbury.
Ian Stott
Looking at going! If the salt is gone from the roads I plan on making the trip, went once before, many years ago. It rained like son of a bitch so my friend and I toured the chocolate factory, brought home a big giant hershey kiss which I almost lost to the customs lady who wanted it!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Dr Evil
With the new job I have ample time off and it is easy to use, so I would be in for a drive. I can bring the 914 wink.gif

Why they hell would they put it on the 18th? Is that not Easter? The last weekend this year is finally NOT Easter. For fuck sake, who plans this shit?
stevegm
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2014, 09:16 PM) *

With the new job I have ample time off and it is easy to use, so I would be in for a drive. I can bring the 914 wink.gif

Why they hell would they put it on the 18th? Is that not Easter? The last weekend this year is finally NOT Easter. For fuck sake, who plans this shit?

Easter is on April 5th in 2015, right?
type47
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 1 2014, 07:02 PM) *

My phone calendar says Easter is on the 5th ...
altitude411
the fifth? THE FIFTH! I've got a dentist appointment for the fifth.... WHO PLANS THIS SHIT???
struckn
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 1 2014, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2014, 09:16 PM) *

agree.gif
balljoint
Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Ixnay on the easteryay.

unsure.gif

Scotty's gonna be pissed!

pinch.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 1 2014, 09:31 PM) *

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Ixnay on the easteryay.

unsure.gif

Scotty's gonna be pissed!

pinch.gif

Is he still not over the accident? confused24.gif
cantley914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 6 2014, 01:16 PM) *

I am in. Last year was a blast, but I missed the fun at the knights in and my car was on jack stands. This year the car will be there and I will be at the Knights with home made wine to share.

Click to view attachment

Home made wine? anything close to the "unknown substance" in the jerry can?
beer3.gif
hot_shoe914
I would like to make it this year if at all possible. I made 4 in a row but took a break this year. I hate that I missed it and plan to try. Nothing to drive as of now but hopefully that will change before the event gets here.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
rgolia
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Dec 2 2014, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 6 2014, 01:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Home made wine? anything close to the "unknown substance" in the jerry can?
beer3.gif

Not Jerry can juice....this is a fine wine (sort of) made with Washington State grapes...all reds cab, merlot, syrah etc. The good new is that I make lots of it.
tdgray
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Dec 1 2014, 10:53 PM) *

the fifth? THE FIFTH! I've got a dentist appointment for the fifth.... WHO PLANS THIS SHIT???

What are you some kinda anti-dentite rolleyes.gif
altitude411
av-943.gif lol-2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeKKzwmZeM
VaccaRabite
Sorry for not replying sooner. Been up in the mountains...

Any how, last time we did a rainy tour of Gettysburg and a lunch stop at my favorite German restaurant for lunch, and wings for Dinner.

There was interest in doing a covered bridges tour. There are several in the area.

Lancaster has Amish and old trains. Lots of fantastic scenery, but can easily get stuck behind a horse and buggy.

If folks have other ideas, love to hear them.

stevegm
We are working on this event. We should have some more info soon. It will be the day before the swap meet, Friday, April 17, 2014. We added it to the 914 Calendar as the - Hershey Spring Fling. If you are planning to go to the Hershey Swap Meet post here, and we will PM you when the info is available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.