Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who made or sold these trunk carpet kits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Just curious...I think it makes the trunk look very nice...there is one major downside...it looks like one of the PO's didn't put one of the piece back correctly that goes on top of the gas tank and closed the hood causing it to get a slight crease up near the headlights..... ohmy.gif

IPB Image
r_towle
Never got an answer to this one...

Is there a real answer, or was this a one off..
StratPlayer
I know 9xauto sells the material for the front and rear trunks.. I think you have to cut the material to form the trunks though.

http://www.9xauto.com/914.html
736conver
Dont think anybody actually makes the kit. I will do this someday. I like the look of it. Here's a picture I have archived for when I do mine. I will leave the fuse box in the car though.
Also many places sell the perlon for the trunk.
The product that 9x has also looks easy to use, but I am sure its cheaper somewhere else.
TravisNeff
My first 914 had that kit in it, and from the looks of it it was a kit, not a one off (but who knows). I would try autos international or world upholstery
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 24 2003, 03:42 PM)
Just curious...

i have seen several porsche brochures with this kit installed, so it must have been a factory/dealer option for the cars ...

how about asking a porsche dealer? any chance to find those in the pet?
idea.gif Andy
Allan
I like the carpeted look but have never seen a complete carpet kit. Can you get the carpet for the trunk wall, floor and fenders as a kit I like the tank cover but the best kit? I've seen only covers the upright in front of the tank, the cover over the spare and the fenders...
drew365
When I first got my car it had a full trunk carpet including a cover for the gas tank. I had never seen another 914 with the tank covered but I liked the way it looked and always thought it should have been done by the factory that way. Mine was a one piece felt, but I got rid of it to save weight. biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE (drew365 @ Jan 3 2006, 06:00 PM)
Mine was a one piece felt, but I got rid of it to save weight. biggrin.gif

3.7oz???

Or was it heavy? wink.gif
Katmanken
And the parts book sez....

There are two pieces of felt listed for the 914 front trunk cross wall - 914.551.187.10 for 914-6 and 914-4 and a 914.551.187.11 for alle......

Bottom cover over tire- 914.551.029.10 and .11..

Dats all folks...

Ken
SirAndy
porsche brochure from october '69 ... front trunk carpet over the gas tank ...

Aaron Cox
and a fuel door smile.gif

BTW - mittelmotor sells a '916' carpet kit... that covers fenderwells etc.... not sure it did above gas tank tho...

front and rear fully carpeted trunks looked cool smile.gif
Aaron Cox
see...im not insane

,8909 new  Carpet set 916 (10-pc.)  334,48

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.