Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
lostreasure
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 6 2014, 03:46 PM) *

Car looks familiar? Very close to original- seems like alot of 914-6's popping up on ebay lately
gcrotvik
A previous owner was a friend of George Hussey.
Kaeferfreund
That car has been offered exactly one year before. Reserve was 55.000 USD that time. Do not know whether the seller got it....

Interesting to see that some cars are offered by ebay-sellers with only one or a few deals. This ivory one looks like traded some more times in the recent past. idea.gif
davep
paint 11
DOT 04/70
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 9 2014, 09:16 PM) *

paint 11
DOT 04/70

65k USD was the last bid. So we will see whether the car will come back or the new owner will start here some questions.....
IronHillRestorations
FWIW, I had #1205 for about 16 years, it now lives with William Grier in Nashville.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Nov 17 2014, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Nov 9 2014, 09:16 PM) *

paint 11
DOT 04/70

65k USD was the last bid. So we will see whether the car will come back or the new owner will start here some questions.....

It is back again on ebay biggrin.gif Current bid nearby 50k USD....
PancakePorsche
Same seller and last auction showed sold. Seller needs to clarify reason for re-list or eye brows will rise. Did buyer fail to close deal, or is this as seen before 914-6 monkey business.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Dec 8 2014, 02:45 AM) *

Same seller and last auction showed sold. Seller needs to clarify reason for re-list or eye brows will rise. Did buyer fail to close deal, or is this as seen before 914-6 monkey business.

We find two marketing videos of the seller on the well known internet channel "you.." published in November. "underside" is the more interesting one smile.gif
Nine_14
Lamp Box looks like it was painted with a paint roller....
Rust is comming back quickly

Click to view attachment
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Dec 8 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Lamp Box looks like it was painted with a paint roller....
Rust is comming back quickly

Click to view attachment

says it sold for 65$ USD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...ht_25724wt_1026

looked nice, but many here offered insight into this vehicle I'd never consider.
it pays to do detective work and research.

do you think its better to have a rare 914/6 or build your own?
i guess that depends on the depth of one's pockets too smile.gif
PancakePorsche
The big message here is one must do personal hands on inspection when buying a factory six. Too much to lose otherwise. a good buy on one of these beautiful cars is in the details. Great investment. I believe nice all original examples will easily will be 100k+ cars in the future. They belong next to a early 911S in any Porsche collection.

Building your own has its own plusses. Most are built with much greater power than factory, more likely to drive and enjoy, you know what you got, and at a lower cost. Nothing quite like a teener with 2.7RS or 3.0 power.
Cairo94507
I believe these cars will always be collectible. I hope they roll past $100K but really, personally, am not concerned.

I am building mine to drive and enjoy. When I am no longer able to do that, I will pass it down to my son and pray he cherishes it and loves it as I do.
Kaeferfreund
The next round was ended for "only" 62.100 USD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-1970-914-...r-/331404174622

Hopefully this car has found a new owner now. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.