Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orangecrate
Randon question for the future. How big can you go before the D-jet literally does not supply enough fuel ? And is an injector upgrade possible? Just curious.
SirAndy
I know of a 2056 with a mild cam running a stock D-Jet setup making about 125hp.

For anything bigger or a more aggressive cam profile, the stock D-Jet is not the right choice.
smile.gif
orangecrate
biggrin.gif Spanks the stock what? 80 hp Thanks. I could probably live with that for awhile! driving.gif driving.gif
r_towle
2.4 liter
saigon71
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 9 2014, 12:29 AM) *

2.4 liter

What mods (if any) are required to the D-Jet system to support a 2.4 liter? Bigger fuel injectors and MPS tuning?

Thanks.
orangecrate
blink.gif Yes please enlighten us. That,s a big jump!
rhodyguy
More likely than not, dual fi throttle bodies, fuel management, GOOD linkage, dif spark source, an exhaust, not stock heat exchangers, to meet the flow needs...parameters really change when jumping to 2270 and up. Bring money and a big pile of it.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Nov 9 2014, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 9 2014, 12:29 AM) *

2.4 liter

What mods (if any) are required to the D-Jet system to support a 2.4 liter? Bigger fuel injectors and MPS tuning?

Thanks.

Yes, to both.
orangecrate
biggrin.gif I'm well aware of the old hot rodder saying "Horsepower cost money,how fast ya wanna go??" Goes along with " No replacement for displacement." I'm a poor boy. Just curious how many cc's I can stuff under a stock well sorted out D-jet. I'm just looking at a DD and long distance touring car. When I want an adrenalin rush I just twist my wrist!! The bike takes care of that.
914bub
QUOTE(orangecrate @ Nov 10 2014, 07:44 AM) *

biggrin.gif I'm well aware of the old hot rodder saying "Horsepower cost money,how fast ya wanna go??" Goes along with " No replacement for displacement."

The way I heard it was,"Speed cost money, how fast do wanna spend?"... Same idea though. biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
I can speak as to the ability of the stock injectors to handle larger, more powerful engines. The Megasquirt2 I previously powered the 2056cc in my Squareback was running the smaller yellow-top D-jet injectors (26#p/hr) out of a VW Squareback (1600cc) with absolutely no problems going lean due to lack of fuel flow. Tons of power available. The stock green-top injectors on a 914 2.0L flow just over 37#p/hr. That's a lot more capability than most folks realize.

The cam and its effect on the MPS will be what stops you with D-jet. If a programmable MPS was available, D-jet could be run on virtually anything up to the point at which the TB/plenum/runners became the restriction. Seems as though Jake mentioned that the 2.0L plenum became an issue above 2270 or so on his dyno but I could be wrong on that. . . He would have the empirical data on that better than anyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.