Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulling a 3.2 out of a 912e on Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
Looks like I've made a deal to buy a 3.2 that's currently installed in a 912e in the west LA area. I'm planning on driving down Sunday morning, should be in LA by 10:00, to start pulling the engine.

If anyone in the area would like to come by and lend a hand, or stand and laugh, send me a PM and I'll get you the address.

Road trip..... driving.gif

Jeff
76-914
OK, I give up. poke.gif Is this an engine version of musical chairs, Jeff? First an EZ30, then a 2.7P, which if I remember correctly was just dropped off at the machinist 2 weeks ago and now a 3.2P. You my friend have contracted a form of Rustyitis. Except with you it's just engines. With Rusty it's cars. I see an intervention in the near future. av-943.gif
JStroud
lol-2.gif too funny. Well I did drop off my 2.7, but the machine work and just replacement parts was going to run $7k, so I would have ended up around $9k.
Decided for that kind of cash I'd rather have a 3.2, and thanks to Jamie I found one.
Thanks man...(JRust).

The EZ30, was for a different car. shades.gif there was a 2056 before the 2.7....
And don't forget about the loaner 2.7 that's in the car now. av-943.gif

I just like using my lift......

And driving to LA. driving.gif
Steve
You will love the 3.2. I also went from a pulled head stud 2.7 to a 3.2. The only thing I miss is the sound of the webers on the 2.7. I sold the webers and kept the DME injection.
I am happy with my decision, but still miss the sound.
914werke
what the story with the 912e?
JStroud
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 7 2014, 06:22 PM) *

what the story with the 912e?

It's a rough project car, I think he has someone that wants the car, that's why he was willing to sell me the engine.
colingreene
Id be willing to come help, send me the info and we can figure out where i need to go.
JStroud
Called earlier to confirm and get his address.......seems he has someone coming today interested in the whole car.... sad.gif ...on hold till I hear from him.
JStroud
The guy never showed, so i'm heading out in the morning should be there by 10:00 driving.gif I'll PM all those that showed interest the address and my cell no.

Shouldn't take too long to drop it.... smash.gif smash.gif It will be a lot more fun putting it in my car though...

Jeff
JRust
QUOTE(JStroud @ Nov 7 2014, 05:23 PM) *

Decided for that kind of cash I'd rather have a 3.2, and thanks to Jamie I found one.
Thanks man...(JRust).

Yeah I kind of blew that. My buddy Tom pointed it out to me asking what I thought. I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice 6conversion with a 3.2 or 3.6. Wanted a finished car. Guess he was looking to buy the whole car to use as a donor sad.gif . Jumped the gun a little pointing that out dry.gif . He was cool about it but I feel like a bit of a schmuck sad.gif .

So congrats to Jeff!

Tom I will find you just the right setup sometime soon. Sorry I didn't think that through better rolleyes.gif
JStroud
Ooops....guess you jumped the gun on that one, sorry Tom. Kinda lets a little air outa my balloon....

Should have said something sooner, but I'm down here now.
Let you know how it turns out.
jeeperjohn56
Jeff, just wants to be like Mike Bellis in engine changes lets see you wins? av-943.gif av-943.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Nov 9 2014, 04:40 PM) *

Jeff, just wants to be like Mike Bellis in engine changes lets see you wins? av-943.gif av-943.gif

Hey... dry.gif

beer.gif
Jeff has a lot more free time than I do. The torch has been passed...
EdwardBlume
Hope LA is treating you well! Travel safe.
JStroud
Done and home....hey I'm not trying to do anything but get my car running, is it my fault motors keep blowing up....getting sold for more power...ok maybe.

Last one....really

Click to view attachment
JStroud
Safely home and in the shop. Thanks Jaime, oldschool, for hanging out and helping decide if I should buy it or not. Hope your wife had a nice birthday. beer.gif

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(JStroud @ Nov 10 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Safely home and in the shop.

smilie_pokal.gif
IMHO, the 3.2L is the perfect engine for a 914!

They all should have had them from the factory ...
driving.gif
JRust
Congrats Jeff. Really glad to see you getting such a sweet motor for your car biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 10 2014, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(JStroud @ Nov 10 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Safely home and in the shop.

smilie_pokal.gif
IMHO, the 3.2L is the perfect engine for a 914!

They all should have had them from the factory ...
driving.gif

I agree but I might be biased. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Super cool. What exhaust is that?
veekry9
http://members.shaw.ca/jecole/912_24.htm

A search string "912" or "Porsche 912" did not return the thd about the 912.

Anyways,an ancient ('99) story of a 2.4-4 installation.

and a 914 link.

Click to view attachment

A B.C. owner,anyone here?
JStroud
Thanks everyone, pretty excited about the new 3.2. I guess in the flared car now I'll have to go with a 3.3 turbo or a 3.6, can't have two cars with the same motor.

Rob, it looks like just a 911 muffler modified for dual exit....some real nice welding too.......if your 5....

Can't wait to get started on getting it installed.. But leaving for Albuquerque in the morning, be there for a few days. By next weekend I'll be ready for some shop time. beer3.gif smash.gif
naro914
I agree with Andy...3.2 is THE BEST engine for a 914. I've got two.. smile.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(JStroud @ Nov 9 2014, 10:39 PM) *

Done and home....hey I'm not trying to do anything but get my car running, is it my fault motors keep blowing up....getting sold for more power...ok maybe.

Last one....really

Click to view attachment

Thank you jeff, the birthday dinner was nice. I should have driven my 914 .... driving.gif it would of been a cool drive.
Krieger
Very cool Jeff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.