Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC system, how to tell VPC or a DPD style system?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
How do you tell one system from another??
TIA
Ferg.
Kerrys914
Here are some:
- The interior unit on the DPD has the fan somewhat centered, the VPC is more on the passanger side.
- The condensor on the DPD has a plastic cone cover, the VPC has a sheet metal top.

Cheers
DuckRyder
Condensor cover shape.

IIRC

VPC = Big squarish box that the spare tire mounts on top of.

DPD = Upside down bowl shaped cover that the spare tire fits OVER. The cover fits inside the rim.
Ferg
thanks, looks like i have the VPC...
is one better than the other?
Ferg.
SLITS
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jan 31 2005, 10:06 AM)
thanks, looks like i have the VPC...
is one better than the other?
Ferg.

Doubtful....they both use the same compressor....if the airflow to the condenser coil is equal, they should be equal in functionality.

The better change would be to change the compressor to the rotary type (SANDEN SD508).

I have an orginial booklet of the installation procedures and it also has the DPD & VPD diagrams...send me your address via PM and I'll copy it for you if you would like.
MarkV
Either evaporator will work fine. The DPD condensor moves more air and works better with a Sanden compressor.

Both of the installation manuals are in the resource area here.
Ferg
thanks for the info, i'm acutally pulling it out of my six conversion, and plan on selling it as a whole system, any idea on what price to ask? I even plan on including the lower center council, and the engine bar with compressor mount if I can find a way to ship everthing halway cheep.
Ferg.
Kerrys914
I think a 914-4 guy will have a hard time using some of your parts. They will need the -4 bracket and fan pulley.

Not sure how you will get the hose out unharmed? The drier is disposable no $$ there.

I have seen -4 A/C systems go for $100 and some for $300. It's alot of work to install one.

I could use the compressor bracket if you sell parts separately smile.gif I even have a -4 bracket I could swap ya

Best of luck beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.