Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any recommendations for customs brokerage company?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am in the process of purchasing a 911 e 2.2l that was placed for sale in the classified section. The problem is that it is located in Montreal and I live in Ohio. A forum member recommended engineshipping.com. I contacted them and they do ship from Canada to the US. The only problem is that I have to arrange a customs brokerage company to take care of the paperwork and customs stuff.

I thought about driving up to Canada however I do not have enough time with work and family (sorry DrEvil). I don't mind paying the extra cost to have it shipped.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a customs brokerage company to help with my shipment?
Luke M
I'm in the process of selling a car to a guy in Canada. I'm not sure if you will have the same problems that he had but things have changed. This past October the US Customs changed their export/import policy. You will have to get a ITN # and set up an appointment to get the car in the country. They will give you a 72 hr window to get things done once the # is issued and only Monday - Friday from 9 am - 4 pm. My buyer used a broker co. to file all of the paperwork. I do not know who he used but I could ask him. I believe my buyer plans to bring the car into Canada himself but not 100 % sure until I speak to him in the next day or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.