Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling Owner of VIN 4752910261
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcecc1968
I had a guy in my neighborhood drop off the original window sticker and owners manual for VIN 4752910261. I don't see it in the database, let me know if someone knows the owner, I would be happy to re-unite them with this info.
-Don
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Super cool. Good luck finding the car!
pete000
How cool is that!

Hope the car is found to go with the documentation.
pete000
Wish someone would find my orig. window sticker, heck I don't even know what dealer my six was delivered to...
jim_hoyland
Since the VIN is not currently in the database; you could add the VIN, in the Description section mention you have the original invoice, etc. An interested party that looks up the VIN at some future date will see your info.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 10 2014, 07:33 PM) *

Since the VIN is not currently in the database; you could add the VIN, in the Description section mention you have the original invoice, etc. An interested party that looks up the VIN at some future date will see your info.

icon_bump.gif
That makes way too much practical sense!
7TPorsh
So looking at this price it seems these cars doubled in price during their duration. Seems crazy.
poorsche914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 11 2014, 11:38 AM) *
So looking at this price it seems these cars doubled in price during their duration. Seems crazy.

Take into consideration inflation, etc and that $8k in 1974 is like $40k today. So a 914 at today's prices are quite a bargain happy11.gif
Beeliner
I got my first 914 in the spring of 71 for just over $3,000. The second in 72 for about $3,400, but this was without the appearance group option. After number two was totaled at the end of my fiancee's driveway,* I bought number three. That was a 73, and the price had skyrocketed way up. I decided to pay it off in one year at about $480 a month, so figure the price was over $5,000.

I went to get a fourth one about 1975, but the price was even higher. I bought a Lancia Beta.

I was told by the dealership that the price changes had to do with the changing Deutchmark/Dollar relationship.

But at the same time, BMW did marketing research and found that their cars had become trendy. They jacked up the prices between the 2002s and the next model.
The price increase made them more desireable and it was off to profit land.

I believe Porsche tried the same thing.

Today I went back to the 914s and away from sports cars I can't even relate to. Not complicated, fast, and fun.

*I was pinned in the car between a tree and a Chevy. The guys in the fire department were going to cut the roof off to get me out!! They really appreciated the removable roof. I was fine.
rick 918-S
Post it in the vin database with a message should anyone try to enter the car later. Your note will pop up and you can reunite the owner with the window sticker.
JawjaPorsche
I like how the Hideaway Headlights were STANDARD! You mean there was an option!
dcecc1968
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 12 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Post it in the vin database with a message should anyone try to enter the car later. Your note will pop up and you can reunite the owner with the window sticker.

Good suggestion. Done.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(dcecc1968 @ Nov 13 2014, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 12 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Good suggestion. Done.

And: If you right click on the posted invoice, select properties, and copy the the URL, then you can paste it in the picture link box in the database form. Pretty cool !
CptTripps
I'm still trying to figure out the 2nd adjustment that the seats are supposed to be able to do.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Nov 14 2014, 03:08 PM) *

I'm still trying to figure out the 2nd adjustment that the seats are supposed to be able to do.

The black knob on the outside of the seat controls your seat tilt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.