Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New bearings and 1/R sliders for EvilWerks rebuilds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I have managed to secure a supplier for new main and input shaft bearings as a significant discount that I will be passing along to anyone that has me rebuild their transmission. Also, I have secured a supplier for 1/R sliders at a significant discount which will be offered on the same terms. Not looking to sell direct, dont ask smile.gif

The PSA part is that I have moved away from using used bearings in my builds as in the last 12mo or so I have seen very few that I would trust to last the duration. Spalling (deformation or erosion of the metal of the race) is happening to these 40yo bearings, as to be expected. I am seeing at least minimal amounts of this condition on all of the bearings that I have been harvesting. It is no confidence inspiring to use these.

So, I highly encourage everyone to get new bearings. The slider is nice to offer, but the bearings are most important.
timothy_nd28
Group buy confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Nope. I offer them at the discount I get them for. Not looking to sell to people, just to my customers for rebuilds I do for them. Its just too much of a PITA otherwise and you can get them elsewhere should you decide to go it alone. I can just offer preferential pricing for my folks. As it is, I can not stock many as I do not have that kind of capital to just have them sitting around. I did that once with some new 1/R sliders.....it took me several years to recoup that money, and I did not get it all back dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.