Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 911S Alloy Front Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DMCF1Fast
Finally got a 911 front suspension from a 77 911S and really want some alloy "S" calipers. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
David
Eric is your man. He's one of the Admins
Mikey914
PMB Performance, I'm sure he has them.
-Mark
mikea100
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ Nov 10 2014, 11:21 PM) *

Finally got a 911 front suspension from a 77 911S and really want some alloy "S" calipers. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
David

I'd look here
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ts-sale-wanted/
pete000
They will not be cheap!
B2524
FWIW: those calipers flex under load and the pads don't contact the rotor well, anyone who races can tell you that. not money well spent.
mepstein
Love it that people can feel caliper flex and know it has nothing to do with any other component of the braking system. shades.gif strain meters in their calves. lol-2.gif

Place a WTB on pelican. But don't pay too much since they can be pricey to rebuild.
lostreasure
What years? alloy "S" calipers are you looking for??
roblav1
I think I saw a guy selling a set on Pelican.
hcdmueller
I think I still have a set in my parts stash. I will take a look. PM me if you are interested.
pete000
There is a set of late alloy calipers on The Samba for $1K

Keep in mind there are early (pre 74 I think) and late alloy calipers.

There is a visual difference. the early ones have more material removed form the casting possibly adding to the flex? Later ones have more material, Stiffer?

Back in the day many removed them to go to bigger SC calipers as the hot ticket.

I like the low weight of the alloy calipers, they seem to have come back into popularity among the early 911 crowd.

The factory 914-6 GT cars ran the early "S" alloy calipers.

They are 3 1/2" strut spacing requiring you to change the 914 3" spacing struts.

Eric's web site shows and explains all... aktion035.gif

Plan on spending almost a grand when all is said and done, they tend to cost $450.00 for cores and another 450 or so to have them rebuilt...( I just did this)

Stoddard has some NOS in stock, I think they were around $2500.00 ?
sixaddict
Have a set of early ones ...decent condition but sitting on shelf so I would plan to recond.
$700 shipped....PM email and will shoot pics and send.
Thanks
davep
bs.gif
QUOTE(B2524 @ Nov 11 2014, 01:10 PM) *

FWIW: those calipers flex under load and the pads don't contact the rotor well, anyone who races can tell you that. not money well spent.

Tell that to the guys using them and winning!
DMCF1Fast
Thanks to everyone for responding. Still don't have any calipers but got some good leads, I sent a PM to Eric and emailed PMB but haven't got a response yet. Maybe they're not available right now.
bob_emm
QUOTE(DMCF1Fast @ Nov 15 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Thanks to everyone for responding. Still don't have any calipers but got some good leads, I sent a PM to Eric and emailed PMB but haven't got a response yet. Maybe they're not available right now.

I have a real nice set of late 911S/930 calipers for sale. $1300. Can send pix if you're interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.