Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrown
can I replace just the bulb or do I have to buy the whole unit. It loos like maybe the bumper is going to have to come off.
Dave_Darling
I'm not sure now the 75-76 fogs work.

For the 70-74 ones, there is a divot on the bottom of the bumper that allows you to unscrew the clip that holds pressure on the bezel around the light. Remove the screw, the clip moves forward, and you can tilt the bezel and lens up and get at the bulb.

In theory.

In practice, it's easier to remove the four screws that hold the foglight grille onto the bumper, and work around everything that way.

Unless one of your DAPOs has replaced the U-speed nuts with plain hex nuts.

In which case, yeah, you're pulling the bumper...

(Guess what one of the PO's of my car did?? Guess how I found out?)

--DD
bdstone914
QUOTE(bbrown @ Nov 11 2014, 12:35 PM) *

can I replace just the bulb or do I have to buy the whole unit. It loos like maybe the bumper is going to have to come off.

If you have the 75-76 type you just need to loosen the nut on the bottom side of the bracket that is welded to the bumper frame.
bbrown
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 11 2014, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrown @ Nov 11 2014, 12:35 PM) *

If you have the 75-76 type you just need to loosen the nut on the bottom side of the bracket that is welded to the bumper frame.

I have back dated bumpers on my 76
and Dave if I recall it looks like the bumper is coming off
bbrown
[quote name='bbrown' date='Nov 11 2014, 11:28 AM' post='2109269']
[quote name='bdstone914' post='2109260' date='Nov 11 2014, 11:03 AM']
[quote name='bbrown' post='2109243' date='Nov 11 2014, 12:35 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have back dated bumpers on my 76
and Dave if I recall it looks like the bumper is coming off
Do you guys know the bulb #?
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.