Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where ic cylinder 1234 on my 912e
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
im going to adjust valves and have got tdc and all that figured out,but the 912e site gives a different layout than haynes for 914.so ,if you number cylinders by the haynes book,# 1 is on drivers side rear,#2 drivers side front,#3 passenger side rear and #4 passenger side front.this has got to be the correct order for 912e?

i feel stupid asking this.cannot find any stamping on tins
bdstone914
Cylinders are in the same location relative to the engine but with the 912 engine facing the opposite direction it is all reversed relative to driver-passenger, front- rear. The distributor should have a notch on the rim indicating #1 cylinder. Look at the terminal in the cap that aligns with that mark. Follow that plug wire to #1.
bdstone914
Duplicate post
Bob L.
Remember that the engine is facing the other direction from a 914. Mid Vs. rear engine. The cylinders will be diagonally opposite from where they are in a 914.
McMark
Cylinder #1 is passenger side towards the front of the vehicle (near the transmission).
Cylinder #2 is passenger side towards the rear of the vehicle (near the fan).
Cylinder #3 is opposite #1 (drivers side front)
Cylinder #4 is opposite #2 (drivers side rear)

This is for a 912E.
Cap'n Krusty
If you use my method as outlined in the classic posts section, it doesn't matter. Easier, too, and faster.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Does the 912E engine tin have cylinder numbers embossed in it like the 914 tin does?

--DD
rosenfe
i got it now.should have number on tins,but i couldnt find them.thanks all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.