Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter driven 914 spotted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
#1RAGE
IPB Image

I was just leaving my girlfriend's place last night and when I got outside, there it was. It was like a dream or something because I never thought I would see one in the winter, especially parked across the street from where I parked mine on my visits in the summer.

It was a white 914 2.0l.

That made a very good ending to the day. I rarely see any teeners in the summer, nevermind in the winter with quite a bit of snow on the ground!

I only had my cell camera the other night so the pictures aren't very good.
#1RAGE
Another
#1RAGE
My father saw this car last summer and snapped some pictures for me. I'm pretty sure it was the same one because of the missing bumper strip.

It would be great if the owner hangs out here.
CHAFF
Holy, shit.....guy must be freezing in it. What a shame....the salt will ruin it in no time.

On a side note my 914 came with snow chains and an pluggin oil pan heater.

-L
i love porsche
hey rage, good to see you around this board too, when are you gonna take your teener out of storage?
#1RAGE
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Jan 31 2005, 02:40 PM)
hey rage, good to see you around this board too, when are you gonna take your teener out of storage?

Early April I hope. It depends how fast the snow melts and dries up. Last year it was late April I believe.

I can't wait! IPB Image
mike_the_man
I know a guy in Saskatoon that is a big 914 nut. I bought a few parts from him. He was building a perfect 914 from a perfect tub. He was collecting pieces last time I talked to him, but that was a couple of summers ago. He's the only other guy I know in Saskatoon.

Rage, you should come down to Regina some time this summer. There are a couple of 914 owners in the area. I'm hoping to plan a fun run around the lakes in the Qu'Appelle valley sometime this summer. I'll let you know.
#1RAGE
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Feb 1 2005, 10:43 AM)
I know a guy in Saskatoon that is a big 914 nut. I bought a few parts from him. He was building a perfect 914 from a perfect tub. He was collecting pieces last time I talked to him, but that was a couple of summers ago. He's the only other guy I know in Saskatoon.

Rage, you should come down to Regina some time this summer. There are a couple of 914 owners in the area. I'm hoping to plan a fun run around the lakes in the Qu'Appelle valley sometime this summer. I'll let you know.

Yeah I have a 914 friend in Saskatoon who knows that same guy I think.

I'll probably make a trip down to Regina this summer. I will let you know if I do.

When I get the teener out this spring I will have to put in lots of new weather stripping because it was a little leaky last summer. Don't want to go on a long trip until that is fixed.
bd1308
QUOTE (CHAFF @ Jan 31 2005, 12:34 PM)
Holy, shit.....guy must be freezing in it. What a shame....the salt will ruin it in no time.

dude i disagree....the point is not the salt...the point is maintence of the car. He's just goota wash it every other day liek I did in the winter....on that topic how does one wash out the longs?
#1RAGE
I think it is great that there is a winter 914 driving around. Sure it will probably shorten the lifespan of it but it must be fun to drive in snow. He might not even drive it around normally in the winter. I haven't seen it there since. I might check out the parking lot behind the apparentment building next time I'm there.

Must be cold though... mine doesn't have any heat at all but I heard the oilpan heaters suck anyway.
#1RAGE
It snowed a lot since I took those pictures. Look what other P-car I saw today.

This one isn't going anywhere anytime soon laugh.gif

#1RAGE
Hard to tell exactly what it is from the front hehe.

It is a 944.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.