Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in estate sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
skjl47
Hello; This comming Saturday in Middlesboro KY a 1972 914 will be sold in an estate sale. It is suppose to have a 1.7 engine. No title, but is so rusted that it will only be a parts car anyway. Has an extra engine, a 1975 1.8 and 5 speed transaxle.

Hard to tell if any bits are usefull. I have known of this car sitting in a yard for maybe 20+ years.

It is located at 607 Dorchester Ave. middlesboro, KY. Auction will start at 10:01 AM saturday november 15th.

Tires are flat and rotted. likely that the brakes are rusted tight and probably will not roll. I looked at it and it is very very rusted. No idea if anything can be used from it at all?

I am open for opinions on what it might be worth as a parts car? I do not have a 914 at this time so probably will not bid on it.
914runnow
QUOTE(skjl47 @ Nov 12 2014, 02:17 AM) *

Hello; This comming Saturday in Middlesboro KY a 1972 914 will be sold in an estate sale. It is suppose to have a 1.7 engine. No title, but is so rusted that it will only be a parts car anyway. Has an extra engine, a 1975 1.8 and 5 speed transaxle.

Hard to tell if any bits are usefull. I have known of this car sitting in a yard for maybe 20+ years.

It is located at 607 Dorchester Ave. middlesboro, KY. Auction will start at 10:01 AM saturday november 15th.

Tires are flat and rotted. likely that the brakes are rusted tight and probably will not roll. I looked at it and it is very very rusted. No idea if anything can be used from it at all?

I am open for opinions on what it might be worth as a parts car? I do not have a 914 at this time so probably will not bid on it.

you should be safe with 500.00..unless the engines have been out in the weather..
then go with 350.00 and get a bunch of sawzall blades.. sawzall-smiley.gif
skjl47
QUOTE(914runnow @ Nov 13 2014, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(skjl47 @ Nov 12 2014, 02:17 AM) *

you should be safe with 500.00..unless the engines have been out in the weather..
then go with 350.00 and get a bunch of sawzall blades.. sawzall-smiley.gif

Hello; Thanks. Back in the 1980's I bought a wrecked 914 for the engine and transaxle. I wound up cutting it in half.

I posted about this car because it may have a few good parts and it would be a shame to have them discarded.
malcolm2
good for you....your so close, go for it, save and SELL what you can. And get the VIN # for the registry.

And Welcome to the WORLD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.