Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Color Of Pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
I searched but did not find what the correct color of the pan of a Bumblebee. The car is at the shop and I am having the enging bay and rear fender wells cleaned and painted. The engine bay and fender wells we are going with satin black. But, the bottom of the trunk I believe is a gray primer color. Was this grey primer color also used for the main pan from tow hook to the engine bay?.. I have the Dr. Johnson Reatores guide but I did not see it in the book. Thanks for any help.
JeffBowlsby
Its all L041 gloss black.

Where you see that great under the trunk bottom and pan, is just surfaces that did not get painted.

To be authentic, you might try to match the grey where it occurs and the black where it occurs, there should be black overspray where the grey and black meet, not highly precise.

Satin Black is not correct for the engine bay or fender wells. Suggest you keep them L041 gloss black like the rest of the car.

rstover
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 12 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Its all L041 gloss black.

Where you see that great under the trunk bottom and pan, is just surfaces that did not get painted.

To be authentic, you might try to match the grey where it occurs and the black where it occurs, there should be black overspray where the grey and black meet, not highly precise.

Satin Black is not correct for the engine bay or fender wells. Suggest you keep them L041 gloss black like the rest of the car.

Thanks Jeff this helps a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.