Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobm
Quick question. What is the white paint lettering (LO) on 1976 2.0 sheet metal (looks hand painted). On one side is LO and other are some numbers. Is this the initials of the builder? This may have been covered but did not know what to search under.
Thanks
Dave_Darling
I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what those mean. You can see a number of examples on this page: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm (scroll about 3/4 of the way down to "Group E").

--DD
bobm
Interesting. Do you think these should be left on the shroud when I repaint the metal?
malcolm2
my 2 cents: paint over them, with 1 exception: Unless you are building a concours car. I painted my cooling tins orange. I have seen lots of other colors too. go with what you like.

and welcome to the WORLD.

Click to view attachment
green914
Pictures, welcome.png
bigkensteele
QUOTE(bobm @ Nov 13 2014, 11:59 AM) *

Interesting. Do you think these should be left on the shroud when I repaint the metal?

Depends on the car and what you want to do with it. If it is a pretty nice preservation candidate, snap some digital pics with a ruler held up next to the markings. That way, you can recreate them later if you want. If you are building a driver, do whatever makes you happy.
r_towle
Lunchtime

Lowenbrau
Number of beers he had at lunch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.