Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shop addition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
My neighbor has a bunch of big toys and he's nice enough to help me when I need it.
Unload a car from the truck, sure, let me put the extensions on my forklift and I'll be right over.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 13 2014, 09:25 PM) *

My neighbor has a bunch of big toys and he's nice enough to help me when I need it.
Unload a car from the truck, sure, let me put the extensions on my forklift and I'll be right over.

aktion035.gif I could use one of those.
bandjoey
Wow Shoe. Great tractor. You could use thar new tool to lift the teener. first.gif
Great lift too.
sb914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 13 2014, 07:25 PM) *

That would be a great pic for the calendar
green914
I like it! smilie_pokal.gif
JRust
I'd get in serious trouble with a shop that size confused24.gif

Nice lift bud. Completely changes your 914 world man. So awesome having a lift. It is one thing you should buy before that really nice set of Fuchs blink.gif
hot_shoe914
Added this little jewel too. Got a real deal on it.

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif

Pretty cool buddy!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
aircooledtechguy
Congrats on the additions. You are gonna LOVE that lift!! That's really similar to my Rotary lift. Bulletproof!!
Mark Henry
I can't imagine living without my lift first.gif

My wife and I talked about the possibility of one day, in our old age, downsizing to a smaller house in town. I said fine as long as the garage had heat and a 12' ceiling so I could install my lift.
Mueller
Nice score with the lift...how many friends and relatives have booked time to use it? smile.gif

My wife gave me the green light for lift, however our garage ceiling is too low. sad.gif
dcheek
I just installed a lift this year. Should have done it 20 years ago. Good for winter storage too!

Click to view attachment
earossi
I'm not meaning to hijack this thread, but I am interested in putting in a two poster to replace my four post lift. My question is, that for those of you that have two post lifts, whose is the most popular and why? There are a number of manufacturers out there, but who has the best lift on the market? I'm in the market for one that is between 10,000 to 12,000 pound lifting capability. I'll be replacing a 10 year old Bend Pak four poster which has served me well.
mr2by4
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 18 2014, 10:25 AM) *

Nice score with the lift...how many friends and relatives have booked time to use it? smile.gif

My wife gave me the green light for lift, however our garage ceiling is too low. sad.gif

Get a mid rise lift. It is not perfect, but it is SO much better than no lift. I have used mine to drop motors out of MR2's and Boxster and will be dropping the engine out of the 914 over thanksgiving.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(earossi @ Nov 18 2014, 05:58 PM) *

I'm not meaning to hijack this thread, but I am interested in putting in a two poster to replace my four post lift. My question is, that for those of you that have two post lifts, whose is the most popular and why? There are a number of manufacturers out there, but who has the best lift on the market? I'm in the market for one that is between 10,000 to 12,000 pound lifting capability. I'll be replacing a 10 year old Bend Pak four poster which has served me well.

From my research I came to the conclusion that ROTARY is the best thing on the market. Mine is just a 7000 lb but is plenty for what I need. I'm sure most lifts are good enough for a 914 but I wouldn't buy anything that isn't made in the USA. My safety means a lot to me so I went for the best.

Shoe
patssle
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 18 2014, 10:25 AM) *

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/
mr2by4
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 18 2014, 07:23 PM) *

And it is not that expensive either!
http://www.asedeals.com/car-lifts/2-post-l...ar-lift-maxjax/
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(earossi @ Nov 18 2014, 03:58 PM) *

I've had a 10K# Rotary similar to the one in this thread for 12+ years at the shop that is used multiple times a day. Absolutely no issues ever. Lifts anything from a Beetle to a 4WD Suburban and beyond with ease. Check out the videos of lessor lifts failing the industry load tests and you'll see why they are worth the extra $$$ up front.
cary
QUOTE(earossi @ Nov 18 2014, 03:58 PM) *

I too believe that Rotary are the best. It's what you see in most commercial shops.
But I've had a Bend Pak 10k asymmetrical 2 post for 10 years. I use it on my Porsche's and my F250 Powerstroke. And everything in between. On the F250 I don't use the asymmetrical design too much. Too much hanging on the back. Its more of a mental thing. I think the Powerstroke weighs than our cars.

If you enjoy working on cars/trucks it will be the best money you've ever spent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.