Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find another pair of these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
I put these rubber bushings in the car 12 years ago. I can't remember where I got them. Or what they're called.

Click to view attachment

malcolm2
look too small to be suspension bushings.... if they are, I like mine from elephant racing.... all rubber, all the time. If they are not, then I am out of guesses. confused24.gif
cary
Sorry, they're firewall fuel line grommets.
r_towle
Dealer, or plumbing isle of a good hardware store.
pilothyer
Tangerine Racing HERE
cary
That's Plan B. I just like the step design so it doesn't push thru the hole.

I have Cary Made steel truck brake lines as my fuel lines. So I know I got the grommet/bushing at NAPA or the hardware store in Montana.

I did a quick walk thru at ACE. Didn't find them on the first pass thru.
DBCooper
I don't recognize those specifically, but they're industrial and called "bulkhead grommets". Search online for the images and they should pop up.
cary
That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.
malcolm2
Can't tell on yours but if they are fuel lines on an early car might be 2 different diameters.
r_towle
QUOTE(cary @ Nov 14 2014, 10:05 AM) *

That's Plan B. I just like the step design so it doesn't push thru the hole.

I have Cary Made steel truck brake lines as my fuel lines. So I know I got the grommet/bushing at NAPA or the hardware store in Montana.

I did a quick walk thru at ACE. Didn't find them on the first pass thru.

You did not look in the little drawers in the plumbing isle...did you?

My local ACe has loads of rubber grommets.
cary
No. I was only in the hardware section. I'll look in the plumbing section on Thursday.
Mikey914
They look kind of like the top of the brake master cylinder rubber?
ACE does have some generic stuff that might work.
cary
Mystery solved ...............................

Went downtown to Winks Hardware, my go to odd item hardware store. No luck. I did buy 4 powercord tubes that I might get to work.

So I stopped at Rothsport and picked Jeff's brain. It took about one nano second. Thats the firewall bushing for both the 914 and 911 plastic fuel lines.. He did a quick check on the PET. NLA. At a closer look it acually had the part number embossed on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.