Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1974 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tpines
Click to view attachmentWhite/Tan. Nice daily driver. Originally Light Ivory. Body is solid with some surface rust. Small (1 inch diameter) hole in hell hole. Dual Delortto Carbs.
Overall, a good driver that can be fixed up but driven and enjoyed now.

$6,500

Call Clark @ 760-670-5327
gcrotvik
Nice car. GLWS!
tpines
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 14 2014, 03:15 PM) *

Nice car. GLWS!

I would love to figure out how photos don't post upside down.
As you can see the jackpoints are solid as well as the floorpan. Thanks for looking.

Clark.
tpines
Just drove the car today and it is a blast to drive!

Clark.
760-670-5327
tpines
New pictures added!
tpines
All pictures are current.

Clark.
760-670-5327
tpines
This car is available and will be at Bruce's event in Riverside on July 12. Thanks!

Clark
760-670-5327
tpines
I'm sorry but the car will not be at Riverside due to no response. I'm going to hold onto this great car and continue to improve it. Thanks.
Clark.
tpines
I'm curious since the pictures of the jack points are solid and the hell hole is good why there was no interest? The battery tray is solid and for a driver the price is reasonable. I know the pictures were upside down and that doesn't help but would appreciate some feedback? Also, just installed front bumper top and front LE spoiler. The price is now $6900.
Thanks.
Clark.
Meloosifah
Not original wheels, 1.8L, no FI, no pictures of under battery, no pictures of floors/firewall/inner longs...? Just my opinion...

quote name='tpines' date='Jul 16 2015, 01:02 PM' post='2210947']
I'm curious since the pictures of the jack points are solid and the hell hole is good why there was no interest? The battery tray is solid and for a driver the price is reasonable. I know the pictures were upside down and that doesn't help but would appreciate some feedback? Also, just installed front bumper top and front LE spoiler. The price is now $6900.
Thanks.
Clark.
[/quote]
malcolm2
Did you post it FS anywhere else?

It does seem strange that you go ZERO interest, even with post #10 stuff, that for the most part could be changed on your car. Price seemed fair enough for someone to nibble and at least drive it.

Good luck.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Meloosifah @ Jul 16 2015, 12:27 PM) *

Not original wheels, 1.8L, no FI, no pictures of under battery, no pictures of floors/firewall/inner longs...? Just my opinion...

I'm still new when it comes to what to look for in these fun little cars, but I thought people wanted Dual Carbs versus FI.

While I'm searching for a decent 914, I'm not yet ready to buy. However the things that would deter me from this one are the 1.8L and that it is white. If I was looking for something to restore and change the paint, then the color and the "small" hole in the hell hole wouldn't be a big deal.

I too am surprised that you've had no interest, at the very least I figured you'd be getting offers...
tpines
[quote name='Meloosifah' date='Jul 16 2015, 10:27 AM' post='2210952']

quote name='tpines' date='Jul 16 2015, 01:02 PM' post='2210947']
Thanks.
Clark.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for your opinion. I agree. Because it is a 1.8 and not a 2.0 and has carbs instead of FI I have priced it accordingly. Since I got it I have been bringing it back to stock. Still needs a few things but body is solid and will be a good car for whoever gets it!
tpines
Updated photo of front bumper top added as well as LE front spoiler. Looks great!

$6,900.

Clark
760-670-5327
era vulgaris
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jul 16 2015, 01:52 PM) *

I'm still new when it comes to what to look for in these fun little cars, but I thought people wanted Dual Carbs versus FI.

You would be wrong, FI is more desirable.

QUOTE(tpines @ Nov 17 2014, 06:45 PM) *

I would love to figure out how photos don't post upside down.

Your pictures are upside down because you're taking them upside down. Rotate your phone/camera 180 degrees.

Looks like a nice car though. Surprised there's no interest in it.
tpines
Thanks for the tip! I'll look into it.

As far the car it's a solid driver and it seems there's a black hole in selling these cars. Either people want a really nice $15000 example or they want a $3500 project. My car is neither and hopefully someone will appreciate the work I've done to bring back closer to stock.
Cuda911
Very surprised this car hasn't sold. I saw it at the Chambers swap meet a year or so ago. It looked good. Great car for someone!
sean_v8_914
bring it over. ill do a PPI and report on it. seems like a good price
tpines
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 16 2015, 12:38 PM) *

bring it over. ill do a PPI and report on it. seems like a good price

Thanks Sean.
I'll be in touch!

Clark.
RFoulds
Any results on this? I think this is a great deal on a driver.
tpines
Yes I went to Sean's place to do a PPI for the next buyer but after we got it on the lift and really looked around I realized the car is just too solid to sell. Yes it needs some cosmetics but the chassis is really nice. I know if I sell I will be hard pressed to find anything else around the same price range. I'm going to enjoy it and drive it!

Clark
tpines
OK I am thinking about selling my 914 1.8 again. Willing to part with it but after recent work would like to get $8,500. Work recently done by 914Member Sean Molloy:

Rebuilt Delortto Carbs - Much time and effort to dial in. Compression is 90 - 95 on all cylinders and car runs strong.

Rebuilt both front brake calipers and replaced pads with PMB brake pads. Brakes work great!

Fixed clutch cable in tunnel by rewelding all brackets that hold clutch tube in place.

This is a solid 914 that has been my daily driver. It does have some rust spots but the hell hole and longs are very solid. It is a car you can drive and enjoy now and not being on jack stands is a huge plus! Let me know if you have any questions.

Clark Renner
Makellos Classics
760-670-5327Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cuda911
Hey Clark, thanks for the recent tour of Makellos. Great shop. We enjoyed meeting everyone there. Sara and I will follow up soon with a PCA tour of the shop.

To anyone interested, Clark's car looks good. I can look at it in more detail if you are interested.
tpines
This is a very solid driver and will make someone very happy to be in the 914 community.

Clark
760-670-5327
3d914
Clark, this is very tempting. I've always like the tan/white combo. I am curious what make of steering wheel is that? It's a nice look/fit.

Good luck with sale.
tpines
Thanks Gerard,

It's a nice car that will be a great car to restore but it runs great now and I enjoy driving it. I bought a 99 Carrera and the timing is not too good for 2 cars. However I am in no hurry to give it away as drivers for this price are getting harder and harder to find. I'll find out what kind of steering wheel it is but I think it's a Bertini which I have never heard of.

Clark
tpines
This nice driver has sold for $8250. Thanks for all of your inquiries and yes Gerard the steering wheel is a Bertini.

Clark
3d914
QUOTE(tpines @ Feb 9 2016, 11:09 AM) *

This nice driver has sold for $8250. Thanks for all of your inquiries and yes Gerard the steering wheel is a Bertini.

Clark

Congrats on the sale Clark & thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.