Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sigla front windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
Does anyone know if the original Sigla windshield is still available? idea.gif
bdstone914
I heard Stoddard's has them.
914nola
I thought someone on another thread said that sigla was not an original windshield
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914nola @ Nov 15 2014, 07:47 AM) *

I thought someone on another thread said that sigla was not an original windshield

It must be true then... biggrin.gif

Check with N.L.A. If anyone can track one down... I got mine from the dealership 3-4 years ago.
914nola
[quote name='ConeDodger' date='Nov 15 2014, 08:58 AM' post='2110765']
[quote name='914nola' post='2110740' date='Nov 15 2014, 07:47 AM']
[/quote]

Check with N.L.A. If anyone can track one down... I got mine from the dealership 3-4 years ago.
Now I just don't know who to trust.
rgalla9146
[quote name='914nola' date='Nov 15 2014, 03:53 PM' post='2110841']
[quote name='ConeDodger' date='Nov 15 2014, 08:58 AM' post='2110765']
[quote name='914nola' post='2110740' date='Nov 15 2014, 07:47 AM']
[/quote]

Now I just don't know who to trust.
[/quote]

Original factory installed windshields had very distinct identification in the lower left corner.
They had among other marks a round VW symbol. And a coded date.
They may have been made by Sigla, I'll check and verify.
Sigla has become the most accepted choice for correct restorations.
No Sigla replacement windshield has all the original identifing marks of a factory installed glass.
Stoddard sold me a Sigla replacement about 4 years ago.
914nola
Thanks for helping the newbie.
boxstr
Check with local Porsche dealer. I purchased from Sunset Porsche in Beaverton Oregon
Craig at CAMP
BobR
I just had mine replaced in my 1976 last week. The PPG that was put in by the PO 5 years ago had developed a mysterious 10 inch crack on the inner layer only from the bottom up. When we took it out it turned out that whomever installed the PPG did not clean up the metal where the butyl sits in the frame. Surface rust most of the way around. The windshield was stuck only in 2 spots. The glass company could not find a PPG or a Sigla in Florida. I ordered one from my local Porsche dealer, they said there was one in Atlanta and I had it in two days. It is make by Pilkington. My jobber price was $362. It fit perfectly with the new trim strips coming from Porsche too. I wire brushed the frame and treated the rust and then finished with POR 15.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.