Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 keep it? sell lit? fix it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
Ok guys, I am new here, and know very little about 914s. That being said, I ended up with a 1972 in roughshape. the engine ran, but it's rough inside and out - but no significant rust AFAIK.

Originally was just going to get it on the road for a fun canyon carver (I live in the mountains). Then i thought about doing a subaru engine conversion, or a restoration.

Problem is, how much money to put into it, and will it be worth it? or do i try and sell it?
I used to do alot of track stuff, this would have been a great track car, but now i do road rallys and rally cross, so I am worried this thing will not have the clearance I need (plus myself and the navigator are both 6'2 225, and the navigators lying about that!)

So if i posted a little 2 minute walk around video, or a series of photos, are there people here willing to take a look, tell me what I have, what options are available? what it is worth as it sits, and what would it cost me to get it back up and running as a nice daily driver?

Thanks in advance for forgiving my naievity and lack of 914 wisdom!
CalwaterBear
bandjoey
You'll never get your money out of what u put into it and after driving it you won't want to sell it. Unless your rolling in cash clean it up tune it up and drive it. Full restorations can be $$$$. Lots of motor threads here with cost to motor swap.

Post lots of photos. Video usually doesn't tell the story.

Spend a few days in the restoration threads. Good luck this is the best handling car you can drive. welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

JRust
Get a local914 owner on here to come take a look & give you a run down. No beating having someone at the car for a real assessment. I'd say drive it like you stole it evilgrin.gif
Bruce Hinds
you asked if there are opinions here . . . av-943.gif just wait!

What's your goal? What something fun to carve the canyons with and sell for good money, or want a really great canyon carver for fun?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.