Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Places to eat near the swap meet!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
OK, Long Beach area guys! The Cap'n and his party are staying in Bellflower (Motel 6 at the 91 and Downey Avenue) the night before the big Usetabedunklebros Swap Meet this Sunday. We're well known foodies, and need recommendations for a nice evening meal. As always, we welcome company! Mark has threatened to buy the first round! BTW, good food is a priority, NOT a secondary consideration, and places mentioned in "Supersize it" are OUT! ............... The Cap'n
boxstr
So that means no Hooters IPB Image
CCLINPDTOLBANDLA
skline
If you like really great Pastrami sandwiches, there is a place not too far away that has the ultimate Pastrami sandwich in the world bar none. If you want good food, cheap price lots in quantity, there is the Long Beach Cafe down on Atlantic and 2nd. If you want to go to like Hooters, there is one down on Pacific or LB blvd down by the water which is about 15 minutes from where you will be. Let me know what you are in the mood for, I know I would be happy to come up and meet you all and show you where to get some good grub. I think MikeZ will be down too and would probably join us.
skline
Oh, by the way, bring your side arm wih you, where you are staying isnt that great of an area.
markb
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 31 2005, 06:08 PM)
Oh, by the way, bring your side arm wih you, where you are staying isnt that great of an area.

Oh, good. Just what I want. Spend a night in the hood. Well, at least the ThunderBus won't be too out of place.

John is a definite foodie, so places like Hooters are out. I'm a Denny's kinda guy, so I'm not as picky, but I don't mind eating in nice places once in a while. I can kinda pass for respectable. IPB Image

All are welcome to join us, so come on out. We may need the protection of numbers. IPB Image
Carlitos Way
I might join you guys if I"m up and about. What time/where?
robert21old
IPB Image there a place in bellflower , if you like BBQ RIB and southern food

its called JOHNNY REBS ITS at 16639 bellflower blvd
phone is 562/8666455 its right down the stret from where your staying
skline
I vote for a banquet table at Katella Deli. Outstanding food and plenty of it. I am sure others out there will testify how good their food is. Not too far away from where you will be.
robert21old
IPB Image katetta deli has great food , its half a mile from my house
Aaron Cox
i vote order me a sandwhich and deliver it to me....

i cant AX and go to to dunk's

so...AX it is.... school stuff IPB Image
xitspd
I always like to dine at 555 when in the Long Beach area... The food is excellent and I like the number!
skline
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 31 2005, 08:13 PM)
I always like to dine at 555 when in the Long Beach area... The food is excellent and I like the number!

Well, some of us are on a budget, 555 is a nice resturant but a little out of my price range as I want to spend my money on parts I need. The average meal at 555 is about 20 and up.
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 31 2005, 07:48 PM)
i vote order me a sandwhich and deliver it to me....

i cant AX and go to to dunk's

so...AX it is.... school stuff IPB Image

The AX is on Saturday, Dunkels is on Sunday, whats the problem? You spent the whole weekend over here last weekend, spend next weekend doing the AX and the Swap meet. Be a man!!
xitspd
Scott, I'm in no matter where we go! I think I like the number as much as the food anyway....
andys
Well, if you want to eat cheap and good in THAT area, then simply go where the day laborers eat. Sure to be plent of hole-in-the-wall authentic Mexican restaurants around. If it's not authentic AND cheap, they won't be eating there :-)

If you prefer a reasonably priced steak, take a short run up the 710 to Steven's Steak House on Atlantic.....been there for years.

Andy
JB 914
Lucielle's BBQ in Long Beach Town Center IPB Image
Dad Roberts
Johnny Rebs is a definate good one. IPB Image If you can handle the oldies rock and roll, the food is great. Catfish caesar salad is my favorite. They can put a couple tables together towards the back of the place...........Dad.... IPB Image
Sammy
Depending on what you want to eat, there's a place on the 91 and Bellflower Blvd called Fritz That's It, a must see.
Or so I've been told IPB Image
Toast
Decent food near Bellflower

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Toast
I agree with Scott..... IPB Image (Bring Your Own Weapon)

Hey, if Scott (Mr. I like to throw tons of money away at my 914's) cant afford to eat at 555, then that should say something. Besides, arent all of us broke BECAUSE we have 914's? IPB Image
robert21old
IPB Image FRITZ in bellflower is a nude bar , nice to look at ,
i would not eat there. i mean food .
Queenie
Oh, good. Just what I want. Spend a night in the hood.

Hey now hey!

I was born in Bellflower!
Joe Bob
I was born in Eagle Rock....not like I brag about it.... IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (robert21old @ Feb 1 2005, 12:49 PM)
IPB Image FRITZ in bellflower is a nude bar , nice to look at ,
i would not eat there. i mean food .

We show up for dinner at a ti**y bar, and Lyn will go so ballistic that everyone on this post will be permanently and irreversably dead from the shrapnel. I think I've outgrown that myownself ............................ The Cap'n
markb
QUOTE (Queenie @ Feb 1 2005, 02:26 PM)
Oh, good. Just what I want. Spend a night in the hood.

Hey now hey!

I was born in Bellflower!

Good, you can come with us & be our protection. laugh.gif
boxstr
Screw it I am going to make it easy and order up room service. Staying at the LB Marriott.
CCLINLAALLEUROSWAPMEET
skline
Is that the one on Lakewood and Clark? I think that is about the closest Hotel to the stadium. I have a client right there on the same corner in the Boeing buildings. You will have to come join us for some grub Craig. I can PM you my number. I am about 18 minutes away from there. Thats with no traffic.
boxstr
Scott, It is on 2640 Lakewood ave. It is the hotel that the Euro meet has a discount with.
If my room is facing the right way I may be able to see the stadium from my balcony??
CCLINPDTOLB
Toast
There are two Denny's in Bellflower! One off of Lakewood Blvd, and the other off of Rosecrans.
biggrin.gif
ematulac
There's also a Tommy's at Pioneer and Alondra. laugh.gif

I used to go there for a midnite snack when I was still attending CSUF.

Bellflower ain't so bad. I've been to some scarier places in OC.
markb
So where are we going? BBQ sounds good to me. smile.gif
skline
I had not heard, what day did you guys want to meet up? Time? Then we can all meet there and crowd the place. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Somebody said: "Its called JOHNNY REBS. It's at 16639 Bellflower Blvd.
phone is 562/866 6455 its right down the street from where you're staying."

As the original requestor, I think that'll be fine. Johnny Rebs it is.
Since we need to be at the swap meet at 0500, we'll be dining from around 6. About .75 miles north of the 91 on Bellflower Blvd. Anyone volunteer to be a designated driver from the Motel to and from the restaurant?
skline
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 4 2005, 10:11 AM)

As the original requestor, I think that'll be fine. Johnny Rebs it is.
Since we need to be at the swap meet at 0500, we'll be dining from around 6. About .75 miles north of the 91 on Bellflower Blvd. Anyone volunteer to be a designated driver from the Motel to and from the restaurant?

So dinner at Johnny Rebs at 6 on Saturday right? And that was 6 PM? I will be there. I am sure a bunch of others will be too. I may even drive a teener.
SLITS
0600 or 1800?

Better watch it Scott, he lives up there near Zits and I hope nothing has worn off.
Flat VW
0600, 1800, it's all the same thing cool_shades.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 4 2005, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 4 2005, 10:11 AM)

As the original requestor, I think that'll be fine.  Johnny Rebs it is.  
Since we need to be at the swap meet at 0500, we'll be dining from around 6.  About .75 miles north of the 91 on Bellflower Blvd.  Anyone volunteer to be a designated driver from the Motel to and from the restaurant?

So dinner at Johnny Rebs at 6 on Saturday right? And that was 6 PM? I will be there. I am sure a bunch of others will be too. I may even drive a teener.

smilie_pokal.gif OOoooooohh! Johnny Rebs is awesome! http://www.johnnyrebs.com/
You guys will love it! chowtime.gif beer3.gif

Lisa clap.gif
skline
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 4 2005, 12:25 PM)
0600 or 1800?

Better watch it Scott, he lives up there near Zits and I hope nothing has worn off.

Speaking of MikeZ, he just called and is on his way down. He was in Calabassas and was stopping for lunch. Said that Frank was running good and he would be here in a few hours. Aaron called and is on his way out now and should be here around 1 or so. I just pulled the Chalon out of the garage and parked it in the driveway leaving the garage open and clear. He is coming down to weld in a new U tab. I think I am going to need a couple of them also, where do you get them? Anobody have a couple laying around? How much and how soon can I get them here? Or should I just make some on my own?

Folks,

What's the address of the ' swap / european meet'
Is it off off Lakewood / Clark?

Thanks smile.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (0396 @ Feb 4 2005, 07:47 PM)
Folks,

What's  the address of the ' swap / european meet'
Is it off off Lakewood / Clark?

Thanks smile.gif

Here is the link to their web site complete with map and directions!
Hope it helps!
http://www.laalleuro.com/

Lisa biggrin.gif
markb
I just made reservations for 10 at the Bellflower Johnny Rebs' for tonight at 6pm. I told them it was a Porsche 914 group. If it winds up under my name, that is Mark Britell. My cell is 805 712-4675 if you need t get ahold of us. See you tonight!! mueba.gif

Lisa,

Thank you for responding to my question.. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
4 more coming....

myself, skline, slits, mattr
Mrs. K
QUOTE (0396 @ Feb 5 2005, 02:54 PM)
Lisa,

Thank you for responding to my question.. cool.gif

biggrin.gif My pleasure! Hope to meet you there at MikeZ's tent.

Lisa beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
that was fun.... met the mighty krusty one... ate drank and was merry biggrin.gif

that waitress was a smokin HOTTIE smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.