Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty Insurance ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I figured that since i'm in the market for a 914 I might as well research my insurance options to make sure it is completely affordable. Does anyone use http://www.hagerty.com/ ? It's VERY cheap. There are a few limits, but all within reason. 3,000 miles a year. Car must be stored in a garage. You agree on the value of the car before hand. You must also have a regular daily driver insured with another company full time, and have a fairly clean driving record. I got a quote for a '74 914 worth $4k in NY... $90 a year!!!

Is there a catch? boldblue.gif
Joe Bob
I just sent in an application. 466/year for the SC and the 356.
drew365
I've been with Hagerty for 17 years. Very reasonable rates. I've never had a claim so I can't say how they are when sht happens. confused24.gif
72Signal914
Crap, I just quoted my car and w/o the Hagerty $15 thing it came out to be $82. I'm gonna have to think about that, maybe I can get my car insured doubt it cause of grades <_<
JRust
I use Hagerty too! I pay $112 a year for full coverage with a $8000 on the 914. If I wreck it I get the $8000 for it. I also have't had any claims with them so I can't say what happens then. The restrictions aren't bad at all. I don't drive my 914 more than 5000 miles a year anyway. If course my odomiter doesn't work so if I go over that who'll know rolleyes.gif
yarin
Anyone use this company who is under 25? I couldn't find anything on their website indicating higher rates for under 25 drivers. I'm 23 btw. Thanks
914werke
I as well have been using them for yrs.
Never had a problem. mueba.gif
Bleyseng
Ever had a claim?? Like when the car burnt? I wonder how they pay off?
Geoff
914werke
No and I dont plan on it any time soon. One fire is enough for me! :gilloutine:
914guy
I'm 22 and I had some problems getting any classic car insurance company to even think about giving me any kind of good deal on insurance. I have had some tickets, but nothing in the last 2 years and still no go.

I would up insuring the 914 on my Allstate policy for something like $200 every 6 months, with an assessed value of $6500, assuming that I do not go over 4,500 miles per year it seems to work out okay.

~Eric
KaptKaos
I just was told by my insurance agent that it would take a review and 6 weeks to get the coverage!! I have Mercury (in California), so I am wondering if others are using someone else here on the left coast.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
yarin
Thanks for the input guys... keep it coming. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.