Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wire coming from my seat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robicurp
hello all, I'm geting close to the assembly stage of my 1974 914-6 project. I was digging through my pile of parts this week end and noticed a curly wire coming out of the bottom of my seat cusion. Does anyone know what this wire is for? I can't imagine this thing has heated seats.

Also, is anyone out there running a single supertrapp on their 914-6? Mine has a 2.2 liter engine out of a 911T and I'm wondering which would be best a 4" or 5" diameter trapp?
Thanks,
Robicurp
dlo914
that wire leads to weight sensor for the logic relay, that kills the ignition when your seatbelt isn't put on.
TheCabinetmaker
seat belt buzzer
SirAndy
QUOTE (robicurp @ Jan 31 2005, 07:22 PM)
I can't imagine this thing has heated seats.

nope, altough i have seen several on ebay claiming just that! IPB Image

it's the sensor for the "fasten seatbelt" sign on the dash. it plugs into your seatbelt lock ...

IPB Image Andy
skline
The wire is for the seat belt warning system, not required. But it makes me laugh everytime ai think about the guy on Ebay sayig they were for heated seats. IPB Image
bd1308
well if you mean the passenger seat, its the sensor that went ot the seatbelt logic system. If you mean the drover seat....search me. Hook a speaker up to it IPB Image
DuckRyder
It is probably a (long disabled?) seat belt interlock.

I can't remember if it was 73 or 74 all cars sold had an interlock so that the car wouldn't start if there was someone in a seat without the belt buckled.

I've heard they lasted about a week before disabled.

I've actually never seen one that still worked. IPB Image
Maltese Falcon
that be the wire for the Electric Chair...check with your DA, may not be legal in your state IPB Image
bd1308
what actually fails in that system. I think the seat belt light would be cool to get working....i was thinking about tagging it to a relay off of the generator light...can't pull too much off of that line though or the altenator wont "boot" *seriously*
xsboost90
remember knight rider? seat ejectors.. IPB Image
robicurp
Thanks all of you for clearing up the mystery. I think I'll wire it up to a fart recording for the passenger seat.
MattR
Funny, i always though it was a sensor for the ejection seat ("warning, if you fart in my car...")
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 2 2005, 07:24 PM)
Funny, i always though it was a sensor for the ejection seat ("warning, if you fart in my car...")

what do you care? your car doesnt even run.... laugh.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 2 2005, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 2 2005, 07:24 PM)

what do you care? your car doesnt even run.... laugh.gif

pissoff.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 2 2005, 06:24 PM)

Just take the top off.... smoke.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
DJsRepS
If it kills the ign as said above then the wife could unbuckle the belt to slow you down when your scareing her. Kills the ign no, prevents cranking the starter may be?
mike_the_man
I thought that it was the ignitor wire for the famous "Blue Flame" seat heaters! I believe that MikeZ was the inventor. laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.