Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts needed! front pan frame rack question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
all-- I had the frame guy over this evening to look at my car. He has a celette bench and all the fixtures and tooling for early 911's. Is the front pan and all pick up points the same? I am thinking if all the 5 lug rack and struts bolt in that we can use the same fixtures.

We will make up some fixtures for the rear suspension console.

Without digging up Andy's thread, any special watch out fors?
I will need to replace some of the internal corner bracing under the headlight buckets so we can get down to the pan. All new parts are available for this?
I guess I will have to document this in pictures for others....thanks
scotty b
front end mounting is all the same
crash914
Thanks, I thought so. it looks like the fixturing will be simple...just have to fab the rear pick up points.

Right now it is pull out the engine and all during Turkey day and get it on the rack for a couple of weekends..should be good or better than new! I think that there is some body twist from a previous owner and rear quarter hit. THis car has been a track car for around 20 years..
crash914
I now need to find the 2 pieces that Restoration Design doesn't have. Anyone have a sawzall catalog handy?

Click to view attachment

This is on my list in the future as well. I have a good driver, but had a front end hit in the past and before a full on restoration, I am going to put it on a the bench as well.

I live in Maryland and assumed I would take it to EuroPro, what to share who is doing the work?
rick 918-S
I thought restoration design made part #9
crash914
I am getting #9 from restoration design. they don't have the rest of them.

EuroPro is going to do the work...thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.