Any other options?

Anyone use the PM cable?

-Steve

Mark Henry
Is it a /6 or a conversion?
I need to do this on my conversion.
siverson
I'm shopping for my original 914-6 now.

On my conversion I used a 914-4 cable (but no crank/etc) and it works fine.

-Steve
Krieger
I have been using the PM for more than a year mostly on the track. Great product. I bought two at that price. I carry the 2nd as a spare.
JoeSharp
Only part that I don't from Pelican. It's short and needs a mod to work

Brian_Boss
The Patrick cable sure looks like a Terry Cable to me. If not, that would be your other option. I think they're around $40.

The Pelican one is the OEM Gemo. Joe - are you saying it needs to be modified to work on a factory six or conversion using the factory bellcrank?

If you are handy and cheap, you can make a $15 four cyl cable work. Get an M5 x 35 bolt, cut off head, drill axial hole and braze/silver solder onto unthreaded end of cable.
patssle
My /4 cable runs directly to my Weber carbs. No linkage on the transmission. Cheaper cable and no parts to buy!

Click to view attachment
SLITS
I just called Terry Cable and had them make me a /4 cable to my specifications. Had them put the threaded end on the cable so I could use a threaded ball socket to hook up to the bell crank. Cost was about $50 as I remember. I carry it as a spare.

On my original cable I just spot welded the ball socket to the /4 cable end. It's been working for 5 years with no problems.
eyesright

Yup! I bought all the bellcrank paraphenelia, being my first -6 conversion. When I installed it I was amazed at how rinky-dink the set up was. When they designed the 914 they obviously turned the 911 set up around, instead of just running the cable thru the sheet metal and connecting directly to the carbs. Must have put some of Ferry's summer intern nephews on to the task.

And the later -4 914's don't have the transmission boss drilled out to accept the bellcrank shaft.

Anyway, I made a similar bracket and encourage anybody to try it. A -4 cable is less expensive and can be made to work as above, it just doesn't have a threaded end. If I had an original I'd probably stick with the stock set up but...

Nice photo. Here's mine. Not quite as purdy as yours but it works. Somebody could build a few of these and sell them to the rest of us for $30 but its easy to do. Go for it, guys!

Click to view attachment
naro914
You can just buy a /6 cable from Terry cable...stock item...that's what I use on both cars.

http://www.terrycable.com/Throttle-cable-f...otor_p_303.html
siverson
> You can just buy a /6 cable from Terry cable

Thanks, I didn't know that! Ordered!

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.