Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late 5 lug conversion (914 parts drilled) Lug Nut Size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ndfrigi
Hi teeners,

Anyone did purchased the 5 lug conversion (914 parts drilled) kit from Eric during group buy and ended up not using them? I'm interested in buying the complete set. I just can't afford the price from PMB site at this time.

Can't wait to install my wheels.

Thank you and God bless!

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
bump still looking
gcrotvik
I'm not sure what PMB is charging but there is a set of drilled 5 lug hubs on eBay for $250.00.
MJHanna
ebay is $275 but make him an offer smile.gif
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-4-Earl...79a&vxp=mtr
ndfrigi
Thanks gcrotvik and MJHanna for the response!
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jan 22 2015, 01:11 PM) *

your butt looks fine to me, and thank you for that
fs096b
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 18 2014, 11:40 PM) *

Hi teeners,

Anyone did purchased the 5 lug conversion (914 parts drilled) kit from Eric during group buy and ended up not using them? I'm interested in buying the complete set. I just can't afford the price from PMB site at this time.

Thank you and God bless!

Click to view attachment

I had mine drilled at old school machining in paramount , cal. cost 300 front and rear
ndfrigi
QUOTE(fs096b @ Jan 25 2015, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 18 2014, 11:40 PM) *

Hi teeners,

Thank you and God bless!

Click to view attachment

I had mine drilled at old school machining in paramount , cal. cost 300 front and rear

Wow thank you!
DRPHIL914
i got my drilled hubs for rear from Bruce Stone. I dont remember what i paid- Billh1963 had one of those sets of rotors etc from the group buy a while back for sale - not sure if he sold them or not.
-btw wheels look nice!! IMHO the car looks much better with then14,15 0r 16 5 lug fuchs for sure-
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 26 2015, 11:46 AM) *

i got my drilled hubs for rear from Bruce Stone. I dont remember what i paid- Billh1963 had one of those sets of rotors etc from the group buy a while back for sale - not sure if he sold them or not.
-btw wheels look nice!! IMHO the car looks much better with then14,15 0r 16 5 lug fuchs for sure-

Thanks for the info!
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 26 2015, 02:46 PM) *

I still have the set for sale...just haven't thought to post it!
DRPHIL914
Well there ya go!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 26 2015, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks Philip! I just paid a set to billh1963. God Bless!
ndfrigi
Update: got the set today.

Can someone give me idea on what lug nut inside length I need for a 45mm stud? I have a set lug nut I bought a while back for my 5 lug conversion but why is it the lug nut I have is short to fit on the studs.

I have lug nuts same as the picture below.
Allow lug nut with 1.2" inside length.

Is it okay if I just insert the stud from the inside of the hub to make the outer stud length shorter to fit my lug nut? (see picture on next post)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 4 2015, 05:27 PM) *

Update: got the set today.

Can someone give me idea on what lug nut inside length I need for a 45mm stud? I have a set lug nut I bought a while back for my 5 lug conversion but why is it the lug nut I have is short to fit on the studs.

I have lug nuts same as the picture below.
Allow lug nut with 1.2" inside length.

Is it okay if I just insert the stud from the inside of the hub to make the outer stud length shorter to fit my lug nut? (see picture on next post)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Your welcome glad that worked out.
- on the type of lug nut to use, I found the lugs supplied too long for my 14" fuchs . I ordered black lug acorn lug nuts from automotion. I dont know the actual size. I had ordered shorter ones so I have half-inch spacers and am using the shorter closed end nuts now and traded out my long ones for spacers from my mechanic who needed them for another customers 911 so worked out great.
I know have 195/65 14s' on with those spacers and still I have plenty of room. But my fender lips have been rolled . That helps a bit.
OU8AVW
I went with open lug nuts. Looks real racer X
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.