Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Madness?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orangecrate
So if you were going to jump in your 914 that hadn;t ran in 5 yrs and drive it from sunny AZ to drizzle city Puget Sound -- What would be your top 3 spare parts? Forget the fuel filter. It's new and the tank is clean. It was running ok when I stopped driving it due to trans issues. idea.gif
r_towle
accel cable
clutch cable
credit card
phone.
rhodyguy
Air in the spare. New wiper blades.
SirAndy
AAA biggrin.gif
Rrrockhound
Based on what happened to me during a road trip last month, an alternator.
JRust
Yes to all above. Plus post a thread when your going with your basic route. Always nice to have a list of teeners along your route just in case. Not to mention you might grab a bite with a fellow teener or 2. If your planning to do it soon. Make sure your damn heat works buddy confused24.gif . You'll be damn cold if not once you get a little north sad.gif
ThePaintedMan
Good, non-dry-rotted tires before heading out. I'd also use Rich's list and add three more relatively small parts.

Coil.
Voltage regulator.
Fuel pump.
(And cheap set of tools.)

That being said, I think you can still find most of those at a local FLAPS if you get stuck. Just might have to wait overnight.
Elliot Cannon
Take your lap-top if you have one or an ipad. If you run into trouble, give us a shout and maybe someone who is close by will be able to help.
r_towle
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Nov 19 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Good, non-dry-rotted tires before heading out. I'd also use Rich's list and add three more relatively small parts.

Coil.
Voltage regulator.
Fuel pump.
(And cheap set of tools.)

That being said, I think you can still find most of those at a local FLAPS if you get stuck. Just might have to wait overnight.

Yes, but I believe the number shall be three.
So you need to pick only three...that is the challenge.

Tools not included, but a coat hanger is cheating.
76-914
Take a flight.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 19 2014, 08:53 PM) *

Hey! Your list actually had 4 if you include the phone. In which case, I'd swap out the credit card for a six pack of beer. Might as well be refreshed when sitting waiting for the tow truck.
cpavlenko
Where u going? I always have accelerator cable, clutch cable, and relays on board the teener. Also keep my fingers crossed, lol lol-2.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Nov 19 2014, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 19 2014, 08:53 PM) *

Hey! Your list actually had 4 if you include the phone. In which case, I'd swap out the credit card for a six pack of beer. Might as well be refreshed when sitting waiting for the tow truck.

Ok, I think we may have come up with the perfect answer to this age old question.

1) AAA card
2) Cell phone
3) beer for the wait.
patssle
Nobody's mentioned an oil change if it's been sitting 5 years.
VegasRacer
A warm jacket.
The title.
Return airfare.
orangecrate
biggrin.gif All good thoughts. There will be no return , at least not soon as I'm going to a job. I'm aware of NW weather. I lived on Whidbey Is for 40 yrs, which is actually where I'm headed. I do need to get my heat inorder and find the hole in the left heater tube. I discovered some rust in the long and after I pull the panel of under the door and take a looksee I"ll figure where this is all going. I don't have the time or energy to do another big welder.gif repair. I like beer for the wait though , hadn't thought of that. I will probably substitute a pint for the 6 pack. Better packaging. Beer is way too filling. And I will have tools. Lots of them. Challenging Yes Decisions decisions. Hey Rhodyguy,I'm the guy you gave the windshield to oh so many years back. I'm not having good luck with them. About to purchase the third counting that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.