Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
puffinator
I am trying to determine the correct slot to put the Bilstein shock retainer in for stock ride height. My car had the retainer in the bottom. The attached picture from a Vintage Excellence photo shoot shows the retainer at the top. I am converting to 140 lb. Weltmeister springs.

Any suggestions?Click to view attachment
pilothyer
With the 140s you will probably need to start in the middle or maybe even the 5th from the bottom. Stock height will be hard to get with the 140s and you will most likely have to tie the springs down.
sbsix
I have mine set in the 3rd slot from the bottom with 100 pound springs for a stock ride height.
siverson
> I have mine set in the 3rd slot from the bottom with 100 pound springs for a stock ride height.

That sounds about right. I just did mine 2nd from the bottom with 100 pound springs and it's a little low.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2111511

-Steve
DRPHIL914
I think mine me are at 4th from bottom, 100# new weltmeister springs. Ride is good and height is good. I do know when I had it too far off it was very bouncy, Too much
Spring not enough shock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.