Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear drop link bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Anyone have advice on installing new bushings in the rear stabilizer?
SirAndy
The bushings usually slide into the droplinks fairly easily.

The hard part is getting the ball pressed into the bushing. I drill a small hole in the center of the bushing to let the air escape, then lube them up and use a c-clamp or similar tool to press the stabilizer ball into the bushing.
smash.gif
jack20
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 20 2014, 12:50 PM) *

The bushings usually slide into the droplinks fairly easily.

The hard part is getting the ball pressed into the bushing. I drill a small hole in the center of the bushing to let the air escape, then lube them up and use a c-clamp or similar tool to press the stabilizer ball into the bushing.
smash.gif

I'm having trouble getting the new bushings into the lollipop holder. Any tips there? I tried putting the bushing in boiling water. No help. Tried grease, nothing...
drgchapman
You need a BF pair of channel Locks to get the ball into the bushing. Squeeze until it hurts then squeeze some more. Grease helps. Just replaced one last month.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 20 2014, 12:55 PM) *
I'm having trouble getting the new bushings into the lollipop holder. Any tips there? I tried putting the bushing in boiling water. No help. Tried grease, nothing...

Hmmm, never had that problem, where did you get the bushings from?
idea.gif
jack20
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 20 2014, 01:06 PM) *

idea.gif

Pelican
jack20
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 20 2014, 01:06 PM) *

idea.gif

Pelican
Channel locks did the trick. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.