Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor Mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
I have an early car (1971) with a late side shift and motor combo. I have stock "soft mounts" for the engine to bar connection. My car has original style soft mounts on the body. Looks like I should have solid mounts in one of these spots. Any recommendations? I am inclined to swap out the mounts for the bar to body connection as I am missing a few parts off these. Maybe Renline or semi-rigid WEVO mounts......
Solid Motor to bar mounts sure are cheaper.
I have stock 911 motor mounts for my transmission.

Thanks!
914werke
The early car setup had rigid mounts at the motor & flex mounts at the chassis (ends of the eng. mount bar).
Just so happens that the early mounts at the chassis point are the same as the trans mounts for all cars.
For later cars with side shifter that config was switched with flex mounts at the engine and solid mounts at the chassis (ends of the late eng. mount bar)
If you still have flexible mounts at both points yes you need the late bar end chassis mounts.
bdstone914
If you have flex mounts at the end of the chances are that the bar was modified to work with them. Otherwise the bar would sit too low and interfere with the shift rod.
914werke
Good point. Mike you say you have a late side shifter setup does that include the late Eng. bar? Ive seen some crazy stuff made to work.

As an example Check this out
OU8AVW
I have a late bar. The transmission and side shift set up are new to the car and have never been installed/run. That's part of the issue. Seems like going with a 100% late set up is the way to go.
With that said, sounds like I'm in the market for a set of mounts to attach the bar to the body. Engine to bar is all squared away.
OU8AVW
This is what I have.

Click to view attachment

This is what I need?

Click to view attachment

mepstein
Mike. If I still have them from my old car, you are welcome to them. I won't have a chance to dig through the boxes until sat afternoon but I'll let you know. Mark
OU8AVW
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 21 2014, 06:03 AM) *

Mike. If I still have them from my old car, you are welcome to them. I won't have a chance to dig through the boxes until sat afternoon but I'll let you know. Mark

Sweet!
bdstone914
Mike
You have what you need to mount the bar to the body. There are no mounts used at the end of the bar. If you need the rubber mounts that attach to the engine mounts and bar buy them new. Used ones get wedge shaped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.