Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS 914/6 exchangers on CL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mr2by4
Anybody seen this?
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4768445545.html
He wants $3000 for them. Not sure if it is the same guy who was selling them a week ago and would not get me a picture and then they were sold when I asked for the PN off the packaging, but this guy has at least posted pictures and named a price.
aturboman
Good luck with this guy, serious tool.....

QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Nov 20 2014, 09:16 PM) *

Anybody seen this?
He wants $3000 for them. Not sure if it is the same guy who was selling them a week ago and would not get me a picture and then they were sold when I asked for the PN off the packaging, but this guy has at least posted pictures and named a price.

mr2by4
QUOTE(aturboman @ Nov 21 2014, 07:14 AM) *

Anybody seen this?

That is what I suspected. He did not know what they were worth but got a lot of interest and is trying to repost them and get max dollars. I am sad to think that somebody who needs them for a restoration might pay him his price. If you need heat this may be the cheapest way to do it on a 6...
Cairo94507
I sent him a reply to his Craiglist add and asking for some hi-res pictures front. back, top and bottom and he replied if I was interested I could come see them in MT. I replied back that I am in CA and radio silent since then.
aturboman
I tried to explain exactly that, they need to be on a proper restoration which I'm doing. I was willing to pay asking price, and I got hung up on!
Seriously
If someone sends him money I wish them luck.....

QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Nov 21 2014, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(aturboman @ Nov 21 2014, 07:14 AM) *

Anybody seen this?

That is what I suspected. He did not know what they were worth but got a lot of interest and is trying to repost them and get max dollars. I am sad to think that somebody who needs them for a restoration might pay him his price. If you need heat this may be the cheapest way to do it on a 6...

altitude411
So is this an ad in Denver CL but the guy/exchangers are in Billings MT? I'm three hours from there and my brother is in Billings. If anyone needs pics or anything let me know and I'll try and help out. I wish I could justify the $ for NOS but mine are not in that bad of shape to need these. Sounds like the dude is hard to deal with? Maybe a visit w/Louie is needed? bandit.gif evilgrin.gif
aturboman
Just to add some interesting information related to this topic I know for an absolute fact that new stock 914/6 factory heat exchangers will be coming onto the market soon.
They are being made by JP Group in Denmark who is an original supplier to Porsche and has recently bought SSI. I am not affiliated with the company other than I know the owner and he is a great 914-6 enthusiast and Porsche lover. I was personally involved in getting him convinced such a project would be well received by the 914 community.
So now there really is no need to overpay for NOS or a used set when now ones will be available once again. I've seen the first production set and they looked fantastic, albeit I never fitted them up. So there the cat's out of the bag, now we all know what to ask for this Christmas. I have a couple sets already on order and will report as soon as they are delivered.

I guess this NOS set can become wall art for this guy.

Here's a teaser photo:

Click to view attachment
altitude411
boldblue.gif clap56.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif clap.gif dancinnanner.gif dancinnanner.gif

Great news! Any Idea of price point? Man, my restoration timing is getting better all the time. New wiring harness about to hit the market and now this.... beautiful!
Cairo94507
Oh that is good news. cheer.gif cheer.gif I wonder if they could make them with bigger tubes to better fit the 3.2?
aturboman
No idea of pricing but I expect them to be reasobable compared to NOS or recent crappy used sets. I did suggest sets with larger tubes, I think it will depend on the success of the stock ones to recover tooling and setup costs.
horizontally-opposed
The best news ever...

If they're anywhere near or under the price of the B+B, it'll be a total no-brainer to add heat back into my 914 post six conversion.

HOORAY!!!!!

Please pass my thanks along to your friend!

pete
mtn flyr
Do you have a projected time for these? Contact info? Thanks!
mepstein
Very cool. I'm in.
Mark Henry
I'd likely be in if they did 1-5/8"
fixer34
Just had another thread about this a week ago. Boy, I hope this isn't a late April's Fool joke. If it's the real deal and a fair price, they're going to be working overtime building them.
fixer34
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 21 2014, 07:34 PM) *

So is this an ad in Denver CL but the guy/exchangers are in Billings MT? I'm three hours from there and my brother is in Billings. If anyone needs pics or anything let me know and I'll try and help out. I wish I could justify the $ for NOS but mine are not in that bad of shape to need these. Sounds like the dude is hard to deal with? Maybe a visit w/Louie is needed? bandit.gif evilgrin.gif

If your brother is in Billings, I'd chip in for gas to have him go see them in person and take pictures for the group. Give you good odds that suddenly they would no longer be available...
altitude411
Thanks but no need for $. I've sent an e-mail to the seller to see if I can get someone over there to take pics & do inspection. popcorn[1].gif
altitude411
Ok, I had my brother go over and check out these exchangers.... they look to be the real deal and have never had exhaust thru them. If anyone wants high res photo's I'll be happy to send the files... PM me for e-mail addy.

* John (seller) told my brother that he wanted 3500 confused24.gif for them and he had another guy coming down from Bozeman to look at 'em. Says he's opening a VW & Porsche shop in Billings.... blink.gif
mepstein
Hey, I don't blame the guy a bit. If they were mine they would probably have a $5k price tag.
sbsix
Aturboman that is the best news ever! Thanks for sharing the scoop with us.
fixer34
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 22 2014, 03:47 PM) *

Ok, I had my brother go over and check out these exchangers.... they look to be the real deal and have never had exhaust thru them. If anyone wants high res photo's I'll be happy to send the files... PM me for e-mail addy.

* John (seller) told my brother that he wanted 3500 confused24.gif for them and he had another guy coming down from Bozeman to look at 'em. Says he's opening a VW & Porsche shop in Billings.... blink.gif

I stand corrected on my previous (doubt) statement. A little more than I can swing right now. Hoping this story about the guy in Denmark making them pans out.
altitude411
No worries my friend. I think his price rises w/every interested call or e-mail. They are rare and would be great to own but I'm driving my six not staring at it in a garage. I too hope these exchangers out of Denmark are going to be the ticket for those of us who plan to put some miles on our car.
wndsnd
I would be in on the Denmark Product as well. Push on the bigger pipes please! Maybe a group buy to get him started.

John

I drove my car today in MA and it was cold out. Just enough heat coming out of my four to take the edge off and make it comfortable inside. If I keep the revs up it gets nice and toasty. I was just thinking there is no way I would be able to survive with just headers on the six. Dam blood is too thin with meds and I am always freezing. I look forward to seeing more of this popcorn[1].gif
rgalla9146
hmmm
rgalla9146
The seller shot himself in the foot with the pictures, the presentation, and failure to know how rare these items are.
The heat exchangers looked like they were thrown onto a pile of junk !
To someone doing a "best in the world" restoration of a real 6 , near 5k would not be a deal breaker.
You can bet that there are such projects underway right now.
A few years ago (5?) there was a NOS pair at Hershey, asking 4K....
Things have changed a lot since then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.