Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
era vulgaris
Anyone seen this creamsicle that's on ebay? According to the photos, the VIN is 4742915093.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-CAN-AM...=US_Cars_Trucks

That VIN doesn't seem to be in Bowlsby's registry.
http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914CanAmRegistry.htm

Is every LE listed on Bowlsby's page, or is the car a fake?
type47
COA says it is ... (pic of COA included)
era vulgaris
Ah, I missed that! I guess it can get added to the registry then.
Johny Blackstain
From what I see it might have had a front end collision- don't like the way the right headlight is lining up, euro turn signal lenses & I don't think that's an OEM LE front spoiler. Engine lid has gold letters (instead of chrome) & they're not very well aligned. Mirrors are also aftermarket & that is not a 2.0 muffler. COA says it has a tan interior but that is not a tan interior & my COA calls it cinnamon, not tan. We all know it's supposed to be fuel injected, not carbed. I could see factory rear sway bar reinforcements welded into the rear trunk (good sign), however only one of the covers on the headlight motors appears to be grey. No idea why the front trunk springs are white- should be black, & have to wonder why the spare is not painted?
boxsterfan
Pics of everything but the hell hole.
JeffBowlsby
Good Eyes Johnny...

You missed that its a 1.7L or 1.8L

wink.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 21 2014, 12:39 PM) *

Good Eyes Johnny...

You missed that its a 1.7L or 1.8L

wink.gif

Really? How could you tell Jeff? Also the front right headlight bucket is bent so I'm sure it was in an accident. Right headlight cover is black, not grey.
JeffBowlsby
Plug position.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 21 2014, 12:54 PM) *

Plug position.

Talk about good eyes! So it's had some major work done to it so you can't say it's unrestored. Insulating pad is missing from the engine firewall & front trunk carpeting is also missing, but that could be attributed to the a/c. The fact that the left headlight cover is grey, there is a COA & the reinforcements for the rear sway bar are in the back trunk leans me towards believing it is a creamsicle, but it's been seriously messed with. It may have had a cinnamon interior once but it got replaced with a black one, if the COA is right. Tan interiors are virtually impossible to replace & no one in the aftermarket has anything close to original tan carpeting.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Nov 21 2014, 10:01 AM) *

The fact that the left headlight cover is grey, there is a COA & the reinforcements for the rear sway bar are in the back trunk leans me towards believing it is a creamsicle, but it's been seriously messed with.

agree.gif
poorsche914
May not be perfect, but I'd like to think someone found an LE in a junk yard and saved it aktion035.gif

driving.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 21 2014, 08:54 AM) *

Plug position.

Are you sure? That kind of looks like it is going into the tin around the curve, so it would be on the vertical part like the 2.0 plugs should be...

Tough to tell from the photo, at the very least.

--DD
JeffBowlsby
From the angle of the photo, they sure like they are at full salute to me!
Johny Blackstain
I'm still leaning towards believing it is an LE, but the ad is misleading- the car is not unrestored & it needs more work done to finish her right. A close personal inspection seems warranted, by someone who really knows LE's. Getting that interior back to being tan/cinnamon is going to be a bear, along w/ finding the right front spoiler. If Jeff is right & that's not the original engine then the car has lost major value. Carbs will have to go too & a proper D jet system will be needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.