Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '72 914-6 conversion roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
BK911
Thinking about selling a car I recently picked up.

Click to view attachment

Original ad:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=219849&hl=

Reason I am selling:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...242358&st=0
Also because I actually prefer my 1.7 over the -6.

Car is complete minus engine and induction.
Includes 914-6 engine tin, heat exchangers, oil tank, etc...

Basically all you need to do is install another engine and go vroom vroom.

Asking $10k but have a little wiggle room.
buck toenges
QUOTE(BK911 @ Nov 21 2014, 09:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Original ad:

Reason I am selling:

Tell us more about the body. How is the rust issues? Looks like you took the 6 out. I assume you sold it.
mr2by4
You mention in the one thread that you have several motors and pieces. Would you be interested in selling it as a roller with motor?
BK911
The body is pretty straight except the front pan has some damage.
She tracked pretty straight and no obvious signs of crabbing were evident on the tires.
The rockers were replaced by the PO and looks to be a professional job.
I cant find any rust on the car.

I do have some core engines in pieces and can put a package together to build a 2.2 or 2.4, T or E.
No time to build it myself or I would install and sell as a running car.

If anybody wants to discuss in detail, email me your number.
Or ask here.
sixaddict
is this the one from Canada. P.S Sorry had I read further would have had answer.
daytona
Sent you a PM.
Bill.
CentralCAfun
PM Sent
BK911
Few inquires and a $5k offer. sheeplove.gif
Sorry guys, no way its going anywhere for $5k.
This car is WAY nicer than the one I am keeping, so before I sell it anywhere near that low I will swap out quite a bit of parts first.

Couple of people asked why I want to keep the 1.7 and get rid of the -6.
I dont know, I guess in my older age I dont need all the speed.
The 1.7 gets driven to work a couple times a week.
Good on gas and handles pretty good.
Dont really need the power.

Also, not a big fan of negotiating via email or PMs.
I am happy to answer questions about the car that way, but prefer not to talk money.
If you are interested in the car enough to discuss $, pick up the phone.

Couple more pics:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Yea, this car is worth more than 5k in parts. Oil system, 5 lug, trans, Fuchs, bumpers and complete car.
gcrotvik
Just to put this out there, this car uses a quick-6 engine mount. There is no OE or aftermarket front bulkhead engine mount installed. Not sure if it matters to those interested but it would matter to me if I were interested in the car and it wasn’t immediately noted.

Just an FYI.
BK911
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 24 2014, 10:22 AM) *

Just to put this out there, this car uses a quick-6 engine mount. There is no OE or aftermarket front bulkhead engine mount installed. Not sure if it matters to those interested but it would matter to me if I were interested in the car and it wasn’t immediately noted.

Just an FYI.

Just to be clear, you have no interest in the car? But felt compelled to imply that I am being deceptive? Uh, ok.

I am not an expert on -6 conversions and really dont know the difference in the different mounts. I will be happy to take and post any pictures of ANYTHING that ANYBODY would like to see. Even those with no interest in the car.

Also, I do still have the 2.2S engine. I will probably put the engine back in this weekend, unless the roller sells before then. I took it out for a buyer that was supposed to pick it up at octeenerfest but backed out. Should have gotten a deposit before I wasted a couple of nights in the garage.

Is the quick 6 mount that inferior that I should be trying to source another type? I have a welder, and it would be no big deal to spend a day to install something necessary. Dont want the engine to fall out going down the road!
gcrotvik
QUOTE(BK911 @ Nov 24 2014, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 24 2014, 10:22 AM) *

Just an FYI.

Just to be clear, you have no interest in the car? But felt compelled to imply that I am being deceptive? Uh, ok.

I am not an expert on -6 conversions and really dont know the difference in the different mounts. I will be happy to take and post any pictures of ANYTHING that ANYBODY would like to see. Even those with no interest in the car.

Also, I do still have the 2.2S engine. I will probably put the engine back in this weekend, unless the roller sells before then. I took it out for a buyer that was supposed to pick it up at octeenerfest but backed out. Should have gotten a deposit before I wasted a couple of nights in the garage.

Is the quick 6 mount that inferior that I should be trying to source another type? I have a welder, and it would be no big deal to spend a day to install something necessary. Dont want the engine to fall out going down the road!

I wasn't suggesting you were being deceptive. I was simply passing along information about the car that you did not list in your description and (I thought) would be of interest to potential buyers. The reason I know is about the quick-6 mount is I PM'd the original seller and asked him what type of engine mount the car had. At that time, I WAS interested in the car.

Greg
bcheney
[/quote]

A Quick 6 engine mount bar works OK as long as it is of good quality...meaning it is structurallly sound without rust or cracks in the welds. Essentially it's a standard early 914 engine mount bar modified to accept a 914/6 or 911 engine cone mount. These were used quite a bit with conversions done approx. more than 10 or 15 years ago as the original 6 bulkhead type mount was not easily found/available (I circled the areas that on the quick six bar in red where the through bolts ride and attach to the mounting points on the car). This type of bar can be used with the factory hard oil line that goes from the engine to input side of the oil tank (I circled the factory hard oil line in blue where there is a clearance issue on the quick 6 pic). Then some folks starting making different versions of bulkhead mounts (Vellios, Rich Johnson, Patrick Motorsports and Maddog) and that style mount became more desired for it's strength, ease of installation and serviceability when R&R'ing the drivetrain while at the track. Track guys seem to love the latest version of the Patrick mount as dropping the engine/tranny can happen quick. Keep in mind that the Vellios/Rich Johsnon/Maddog mounts typically will not work with a factory hard oil line I mentioned...I had a clearance issue when trying to use a factory hard oil line with my Rich Johnson mount. Sorry for inserting all the detail about this in your post. I am familar with this nice conversion car and I think your price is very good. Whoever gets the car will be very happy. Hope this helps.

Rich Johnson Vellios type 1st pic...Patrick type 2nd pic - Quick 6 type 3rd pic
BK911
Thanks Mr. Cheney for the constructive and informative post. I went to grad school at UCF and was semi-active in the local PCA AX and DE. We probably have some mutual friends.
I searched a little bit yesterday after Greg was kind enough to introduce his negative opinion in my classified ad. I think this is a beefed up home made quick 6 mount.

Here are some pics:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks similar to the quick 6 but with some additional bracing.
No obvious signs of cracking but I will clean up and look better before I install it.

Put the car on the lift yesterday. Will pull the tires tonight and take some better pictures. If anybody needs to see anything specific let me know.

Engine is on the stand. Going to fix a minor oil leak coming from the breather cover. Also adjust the valves, verify/adjust cam timing, and a good general cleaning.

Engine cold leakdown was 2 - 3% across all cylinders.

Hopefully this weekend I can install the engine and maybe even get the car running.

Couple of issues I have found with the car so far:
-Paint looks really nice from ~5' but up close shows a bunch or water marks. Should clean up nicely but I have not tried yet.
-Front pan has wrinkles like discussed in linked thread. Will take better pictures and post shortly.
-Carbs are from a 914-6 and are still configured for a 2.0. Engine runs strong, but doesnt have the typical 2.2S pop at higher revs.

Once the car is running and dialed in, the price will be $20k.
You guys know I paid $16k and put some labor in.
So realistically I am hoping for something between $16 and 20k.
If somebody wants to come get it as is, closer to 16.
Once I work all weekend on it, closer to 20. biggrin.gif

Cairo94507
Damn this is a nice car for a nice price. Someone would be money ahead to grab this and put it back together.
Alapone
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 25 2014, 10:18 AM) *

Damn this is a nice car for a nice price. Someone would be money ahead to grab this and put it back together.

Sorry, I may have missed something. You are selling the 6 roller and a 2.2l or 2.4l 6 engine together but not installed for $16k?
BK911
Sorry for the confusion.

$20k for the car with the 2.2S engine installed and running.
$18k for the car with the 2.2S engine on a pallet.

I have a little bit of wiggle room on the prices, but if I put my bottom line, people will still want to beat me down. Best to negotiate over the phone.
wndsnd
I don't see what the problem is. Engine mounts are less thank $500.00.

I think OP has priced too low.

Sorry if I ruined a buy for you, but someone should have written a check by now.

John
mr2by4
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 4 2014, 05:45 PM) *

I don't see what the problem is. Engine mounts are less thank $500.00.

I think OP has priced too low.

Sorry if I ruined a buy for you, but someone should have written a check by now.

John

Opinions are even cheaper than motor mounts.
Until someone either steps up with their money and buys it, or gets turned down, all of this discussion is theoretical.
I think that the OP is not being deceptive in any way. He has linked to the relevant history and revealed his information.
He got excited and bought a car. He now has buyers remorse. Mots of us have been there. I would consider making an offer but I am in the middle of trying to buy another car. If that doesn't happen, I will check back to see if this is still here and try to apply some of that theory of value.
Good luck with your sale! You are blessed to have to choose which 914 to sell. I wish we all had such problems!
BK911
Thanks guys.
Couple of discussions with folks, but nothing definitive yet.
Have the car on the lift to install the engine, but drank too much beer to continue. biggrin.gif
Somebody is supposed to come look at the engine next week so I will not install yet.
If anybody is interested in a complete car, you may want to send me a deposit so I can start installing the engine!!
Will take better pictures under the front pan and hopefully post Monday. No internet at home.
Or PM your number and I can text some.
BK911
Click to view attachment
BK911
Click to view attachment
BK911
Click to view attachment
BK911
Roller is sold pending final payment and pickup.
tom9146
QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 7 2014, 01:21 PM) *

The car is actually painted Irish Green paint code L60E
fs096b
QUOTE(BK911 @ Nov 21 2014, 09:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Original ad:

Reason I am selling:

want to sell any of the 6 stuff, oil tank, heat exchangers, mount, even a motor, just started a pproject and looking for parts, bob 805 4056972
BK911
QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 7 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Car is paid for and picked up. Thanks kirk!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.