Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a racing seat belt harness bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I bought a racing seat belt harness bar from ebay for my 72 914-4. I was told that it bought from Performance Parts.

The price was right so I took a chance. Well it does not seem to fit. There is a gap at each end even it I put in the thick washer that the original seat belts had, The angles at the ends don't seem to match the car, and the spacing that the belts go into does not match the seats.

It looks like all the other bars that I have seen, it seems to be nicely made, and It looks like it was never mount before.

Could it be for another year car?
scotty914
the harness bar PP sells, does not fit the 72 with fixed seats. maybe you car was a 72 that somebody put in a later back pad and seats
Porsche Rescue
All 914 bars I have seen are adjustable. Are there jamb nuts at each end? If so, loosen them and you can lengthen the bar. Also, '72's do not have fixed passenger seats, only 70-71.
chris914
No the ends are welded.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (chris914 @ Feb 1 2005, 12:22 PM)
No the ends are welded.

IPB Image
Andyrew
mine was the same way, I removed the black pads and stuck it in... lol

Simple and works...

Andrew

(I have a thread somewhere... too lazy to search for it)
Rough_Rider
I've the weiltmeister (spelling?) bar. Fits between the b pillar seatbelt hardpoints.
Same issue you describe doesn't quite seem to fit.

I left the b pillar trim in place & lightly thumped the bar into place, re-inserted the OEM nuts & away we go. Do check the brass inserts are still inside the b-pillar trim & expect some deformation of the trim as the bar digs in.
Aaron Cox
you cant put the seat all the way back with a harness bar right? screwy.gif
SirAndy
sell it on ebay!

then drill holes and mount your harness the way it is designed to be mounted.
to the firewall!

rolleyes.gif Andy
chris914
Here are some pictures if that helps.
seanery
I believe it's upside down.
Rough_Rider
Looks like the same bar i have, but yours looks too short. Mine buts flat against the pillar.

Series9
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2005, 06:37 PM)
sell it on ebay!

then drill holes and mount your harness the way it is designed to be mounted.
to the firewall!

rolleyes.gif Andy

agree.gif
seanery
looking again at the pics...It Is Upside down.
Porsche Rescue
Good eye Sean. Appears from the pic that turning it over would raise it up to where the distance accross is less.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 2 2005, 10:54 AM)
looking again at the pics...It Is Upside down.

hahaha LOL ohmy.gif

oops
chris914
Hmmm, I don't think so, LOL

Porsche Rescue
Oops, well it was a thought!
dbu356
Perhaps the bar is narrower to accommodate for roll-bar mounts which attach to these same points.
DonTraver
Chris, bring the car and bar over, I'll help you install it. If we need any spacers, we can make them on my lathe. I have the same bar, it's a pia to get in, but it will fit. Later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.