Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H-beam rods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a few loose screws
Forgive me in advance if this has already been brought up, or if its just an outright stupid question. I was looking at some different H-beam rods on the European motorworks and scat websites. stock are obviously 24mm on the small end and the stroker length rods are 22mm. Is anyone familiar with these rods? who the actual manufacturer is? I'd like to know if its possible to resize the small end of the stroker rods to fit a 24mm wrist pin.
Mark Henry
No you can't and the 22mm pin is type 1 (old beetle).

If you order 96mm pistons they have the option for the 22mm pin size.
My engine in my bug (type 4 convesion) is 78mm X 102mm it uses the 22mm pin and also type 1 big end.

The rods are CB performance that are clearanced for the stroker crank.
a few loose screws
Thanks for the info. So the 5.160, 5.325, 5.500 and 5.700 rods listed for 2.0 type 4 on European motorworks are type 4 big end and type 1 small end?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Nov 22 2014, 01:02 PM) *

Thanks for the info. So the 5.160, 5.325, 5.500 and 5.700 rods listed for 2.0 type 4 on European motorworks are type 4 big end and type 1 small end?

If it says 22mm then yes.
colingreene
have you called European at all?
a few loose screws
No,I didn't. Just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with the rods. Wanted to know who actually manufactured them. I'm just curious that's all. Wheels are always turning. I've been disappointed in the past calling distributors to get technical information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.