Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grinds in every gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Thanks for all the help with my previous newbi posts.
I changed all of the shift linkage bushings because the trans was grinding in r, 1, and 2nd. I just bought this car a couple weeks ago so I'm still trying to sort it out.
After changing the bushings the problem is not solved..
I had the car on jack stands while changing the bushings so I started the car and went thru the gears to check the shifting before taking it out for a test drive. The rear wheels were spinning in neutral...
I took it for a ride and it seemed like I was shifting without the clutch.
In order to shift, I need to lt the clutch out half way before engaging.
Any suggestions?
messix
in neutral with the wheels of the ground they will move from the internal drag of the shafts and gears.

about the problem with shifting..... does it grind going into all gears at a stop?

first suspect in misadjusted clutch cable.
jack20
QUOTE(messix @ Nov 22 2014, 06:19 PM) *

in neutral with the wheels of the ground they will move from the internal drag of the shafts and gears.

about the problem with shifting..... does it grind going into all gears at a stop?

No. Only when underway.
jack20
QUOTE(jack20 @ Nov 22 2014, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Nov 22 2014, 06:19 PM) *

No. Only when underway.

It grinds going into first and reverse at a stop. It just feels like I'm trying to shift without using the clutch but I need to let the clutch pedal out at least half way to engage. Way too far.
r_towle
Clutch cable or clutch tube
siverson
yup. adjust the clutch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.