914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
love andy's car but....
bulitt

agree.gif Time for a red one....
rgalla9146
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 23 2014, 06:53 AM) *

Time for an east coast car, and none of those fussy six cylinder cars.
Johny Blackstain
How about some LE's for once, before anniversary year 40 is up? Seen 1 nominated in the entire COTM history. I hereby refuse any nominations myself- not interested in personal glory, but I'd like to see the LE get some recognition for once.
creamsicle914.jpg
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Nov 23 2014, 06:14 AM) *

How about some LE's for once, before anniversary year 40 is up? Seen 1 nominated in the entire COTM history. I hereby refuse any nominations myself- not interested in personal glory, but I'd like to see the LE get some recognition for once.
creamsicle914.jpg

I nominate an LE tribute!
mepstein
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 23 2014, 06:53 AM) *

You might think i like red 914's but i really don't. I am buying them all so I can put them away in storage and no body ever has to look at them again.

Scotty is in on my plan.
SLITS
I would prefer "urban camouflage" .... ya know .... small dents, primer, patches of glossy paint, dried out rubber, etc biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 23 2014, 09:16 AM) *

I would prefer "urban camouflage" .... ya know .... small dents, primer, patches of glossy paint, dried out rubber, etc biggrin.gif

happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 23 2014, 08:16 AM) *

The wine and cheese crowd call that...patina
SirAndy
So, who wants to run the COTM?
popcorn[1].gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 23 2014, 11:13 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

What does running it entail?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 23 2014, 03:37 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Good question. popcorn[1].gif
What happened to 914itis- did he not volunteer? confused24.gif
Should it be renamed COTQ (quarter), or COTS (season, as in fall/winter/spring/summer)? idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Nov 23 2014, 11:51 AM) *
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 23 2014, 03:37 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Good question. popcorn[1].gif
What happened to 914itis- did he not volunteer? confused24.gif
Should it be renamed COTQ (quarter), or COTS (season, as in fall/winter/spring/summer)? idea.gif

Well, there is a difference between saying "Sure, i'll do it" in a thread and then actually doing something.

So far, no one has stepped up and actually tried to put a new COTM together.

I did, however, get a PM today with an interesting idea that might buy us some time until the next real COTM.
It would involve putting together a collage of 914s from the calendar thread and using that up on the homepage until the end of this year.
idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 23 2014, 11:37 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

- Start a thread collection nominations
- Understand and follow the few rules regarding nominations
- When you have enough nominations, start a poll asking for votes
- Understand and follow the few rules regarding voting
- Declare a winner
- Collect high resolution images of the winning car that match the requirements for the homepage
- Collect vehicle information and a short paragraph needed for the homepage
- Email the above to me
- Keep bugging me until i finally find the time to put up the new homepage

beerchug.gif

EdwardBlume
I'll do it.

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
I can handle the poll, the process, and the prodding.

I will need to know about the photo resolutions, and whatever rules to follow to keep people happy.

I'll commit to at least one year too.

Cool?
stevegm
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 23 2014, 09:09 PM) *

I can handle the poll, the process, and the prodding.

I will need to know about the photo resolutions, and whatever rules to follow to keep people happy.

I'll commit to at least one year too.

Cool?

Rob,

If you want any help with it, I'd be happy to help however I can.

Thanks,
Steve
altitude411
Whoo hooooo! Game on. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Here's a link for an example for those interested in running this for awhile. It's not hard.

Nominations
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=108447&hl=

Voting
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=108513&hl=
type47
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 23 2014, 12:01 PM) *

It would involve putting together a collage of 914s from the calendar thread and using that up on the homepage until the end of this year.

How about making a link to the VIN db relating images and VIN's. There are more than 7000 VIN's listed and there is a way to enter a jpg when you enter a listing. Even if only 10% of the listings entered jpg's, that should be enough for a collage or calendar. Variety too ...
stevegm
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 24 2014, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 23 2014, 12:01 PM) *

How about making a link to the VIN db relating images and VIN's. There are more than 7000 VIN's listed and there is a way to enter a jpg when you enter a listing. Even if only 10% of the listings entered jpg's, that should be enough for a collage or calendar. Variety too ...

Great idea to populate the VIN database with pictures of the cars. And lots of uses for the photos, I would think. But, it requires very high resolution images to make a high-quality print calendar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.