Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 930 stub axles in the 9146
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Like the question ...is this do able, anyone here tried it?
The specs seem to be similar to the 9146 + 911s, at 108mm outer dia., 28 splines. Maybe the bearing dia. is the difference.
Marty
914Sixer
Stub is too long if I remember correctly. Bearing is 5 mm larger I think.
pcar916
Yes. You can use 930 output-flanges in the transaxle and early 930-stub axles in the trailing arms. I ran them for a time using a spacer so the 911 axle was long enough to reach 914 dimensions.

Eventually I changed to 100mm, 944 cv's and early 911 flanges and stub-axles. Why you ask?

1. The 3.6 puts out less than 400hp.

2. I don't need the 930's huge deflection angle on a 914... might on an off-road machine.

3. The 930 running-gear weighs a TON. Normally I shy away from non-exact descriptions,but I simply I don't remember the relative weights, but it's many pounds more than the 911/944 solution.

Good luck
Maltese Falcon
That is easy enough to source, and I can have the axles (high strength 300m) made to spec length. I am running a flipped trans so there is an increase in the deflection angle. Weight is not an issue with this build.
I'll get some calls made+ start building after the holidays.
Thanks for the tips guys !
Marty
Maltese Falcon
300m axles
Lobro race prep 930 cv joints, 26° operational angle
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I'm running 108mm stubs with chrome moly, 28 spline axles and 40° 930 CV's. It's a tight fit but not a problem.
r_towle
Dude, post up some progress pics already....been sitting here waiting for it....

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 24 2014, 05:49 PM) *

Dude, post up some progress pics already....been sitting here waiting for it....

The drivetrain; Cayene v8 +996 gt2 now mated . Might be the first of its kind on the planet.
The rest of the progress pics are here on the world:
Porsche 914-8 GTT
Marty
Click to view attachment
iamchappy
You are totally insane.........
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 24 2014, 06:55 PM) *

You are totally insane.........

Chap...big engines and big boost are nothing new for you and me smile.gif smile.gif
pcar916
Very cool! piratenanner.gif
EdwardBlume
Holy smokes Batman! smilie_pokal.gif
914Sixer
Are you going to need a pilots license to fly that combo?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 27 2014, 06:39 PM) *

Are you going to need a pilots license to fly that combo?

I think that the APR gt-1000 rear wing, 1650 lbs. down force at 160 mph should help to keep her planted. If not I can hire Elliot for some barnstormin ! ¡

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.