Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted in Oceanside
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
Up in Oceanside this morning getting some parts for my car.
Saw this after I stopped by 7-11 to get something to drink.
ben*james
It's amazing how tiny the 914 looks sandwiched In between two SUVs.

I mean seriously, what kind of idiot would drive a car like that wink.gif
KELTY360
Maybe Cuda911 bought another one. lol-2.gif
Cuda911
smile.gif Not yet, still looking for the next one.

That pic is about 1/2 mile from my house, and shows him heading northbound on El Camino Real, immediately north of Via Las Rosas.

Never seen that car around town, so he is either passing through, or a very infrequent driver. Wonder if he wants to sell?

OP, where were you getting parts? Is there some secret 914 place here in O'side that I'm not familiar with?
effutuo101
biggrin.gif
not really secret. he is on craigslist advertising parts for Porsche parts in San Diego. I met him about a year ago while looking for some fog light grills.
He does have some 914 stuff and a lot of small bits, but his focus is 911/924/944. So, he has a lot of stuff for that.
Nice guy, prices are a bit steep, but, I picked up a new hood latch. It was flawless so I couldn't complain about the price.
I am still looking for a front hoot cable, and release handle (as well as all of the little parts in between.
I totally forgot to get the VIN number off the car I was working on. he has a couple more under car covers. Probably about a mile from that 7-11
Cuda911
Ah, that guy.

I saw his ad on Craig's list a year or two ago, and send him a couple messages. I never got a reply, so figured it was just another Craig's List scam.

Do you have any contact info for him?

Also, do you know Bruce Stone out in Riverside? He has lots of great misc. 914 parts. A lot of OEM hardware that has been replated like new, too.
effutuo101
Ah, I will pm you his number. I never tried emailing him, just calling.
I don't know Bruce, but it sounds like a good guy to know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.