Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about replacement flasher relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
im replacing flasher relay on my 73.new one has different numbers from original at terminals that accept wires .not sure where wires need to go.
Cap'n Krusty
Pictures?

The Cap'n
rosenfe
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 23 2014, 04:26 PM) *

Pictures?

The Cap'n

ill try, may have to wait for a teenager to come by.
rosenfe
until i send a pic let me describe markings next to blades 31,c,49,49a- i think

part number130242100,on my flasher in car spades are numbered differently
Spoke
Does your 914 have a single dash indicator (74+) or L & R indicators (<74)?

The "c" spade points to single dash indicator. <74 model flashers have a "k" spade instead.
rosenfe
L+r arrows ,it's a 73
Spoke
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Nov 23 2014, 09:18 PM) *

until i send a pic let me describe markings next to blades 31,c,49,49a- i think

part number130242100,on my flasher in car spades are numbered differently

I couldn't find that part number anywhere.

Where did you purchase the flasher?

You can use it by taking the wire off the "k" terminal and connecting it to ground (it is the common between the L & R indicators) and leaving "c" open.
rosenfe
Parts haven
rosenfe
the part number i have is 91361830311-THIS IS CORRECT RELAY.,previous number is the manufactureres number on body of relay.maybe im looking in the wrong place for flasher relay.i has been looking on back of fuse board with other relays.is that correct.?
Spoke
That's the part number for the 74+ flasher. Slight typo above 91461830311 is the number.

I don't believe the <74 flasher with "k" lug is available.

I don't know the difference between the "c" and "k" lug operations. I think one pulls to ground and the other to +12V when flashing.

If you have the 74+ flasher, you can try putting the wire from the "k" lug on the "c" lug and see if it works.
rosenfe
91461830311 is listed in autoatlanta electric schematics as being the same for all years.parts haven parts supplier in hayward ,ca. agrees.am i looking in the right place for flasher on relay board,or is attached to body?
mikesmith
The flasher relay isn't on the board with the other relays, it's tucked up behind the dash nearby out of sight.
rosenfe
thats why i was having a problem .thanks
Spoke
BTW, what isn't working on your existing flasher relay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.